PHILADELPHIA (PRWEB) October 19, 2018
The Philadelphia CIO Leadership Association (PhillyCIO) announced the winners of its inaugural CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. PhillyCIO recognized chief information officers in four key categories – Global, Enterprise, Corporate and Nonprofit/Public Sector. The ORBIEs were presented at the Philadelphia CIO of the Year Awards at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel.
“Today’s recognition of these CIO Executives’ ability to innovate and lead their organizations is the cornerstone of the Philadelphia CIO Leadership Association’s vision of developing transformative technology leaders who deliver business outcomes that impact their organizations, their industries, and our world,” said Melissa Sawyer, Executive Director of PhillyCIO. “Being selected by their peers is testament to the innovation, leadership and perseverance these individuals have mastered in earning this prestigious recognition.”
The 2018 Philadelphia CIO of the Year ORBIE Award winners are:
Dale Danilewitz, EVP & CIO, AmerisourceBergen Corp. - Global ORBIE companies over $700 million annual revenue & multi-national operations
Kenneth Solon, EVP & CIO, Lincoln Financial Group - Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $650 million annual revenue
Brian Seidman, CTO, iPipeline - Corporate ORBIE, for organizations up to $650 million annual revenue
Thomas Murphy, University CIO, University of Pennsylvania – Nonprofit/Public Sector ORBIE, for government, education & not-for-profit organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 600 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 170 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The Award honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership.
Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- The size and scope of responsibilities
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The CIO Awards ceremony was keynoted by James (Jim) Whitehurst, President & CEO of Red Hat. Jim shared his industry experience and insight on how digital transformation is changing the corporation. Over 400 guests attended, representing leading Philadelphia organizations and their technology partners.
The 2018 Philadelphia CIO of the Year Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Gold sponsors: Insight/Commvault, PCM, Splunk, Red Hat, ConvergeOne
- Silver sponsors: Flexential, Appian, Navigate, Brooksource, Deloitte
- Bronze sponsors: NTT Data, FirstPRO, Neudesic, Pure Storage, Interra Consulting, Apella Group, Concord, Crystal Technologies, NuWare, Frontier Tech nologies, Melillo Consulting, Psiog, Workday, Cognizant, IBM, Zerto/High Availability, Between Pixels
- Media partner: The Philadelphia Business Journal
- About the Philadelphia CIO Leadership Association
The Philadelphia CIO Leadership Association (PhillyCIO) is the preeminent professional association for Philadelphia chief information officers. Our membership is comprised exclusively of CIOs (or equivalent executive roles) from public and private companies, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit organizations.
PhillyCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board which sets the annual program agenda for the association. Events are facilitated by a full-time Executive Director and professional staff. PhillyCIO events are CIO-led and attended solely by CIO-level executives.
- Achieve your leadership potential through PhillyCIO: http://www.PhillyCIO.org