“We’re delighted to once again see our internship program advance in the rankings and earn this meaningful industry recognition," said Kevin J. Keane, Managing Partner at PKF O’Connor Davies.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) November 17, 2020
PKF O’Connor Davies, LLP, one of the nation’s largest accounting, tax and advisory firms, announced today that its internship program was ranked fourth in Vault’s 2021 100 Best Internships List – an increase in the rankings from tenth last year. The Firm received several other high rankings, including #2 in the list of best accounting internships. The Firm’s internship program is a key element of its ongoing commitment to developing top talent from within and offering a meaningful career path for current and future employees.
“We’re delighted to once again see our internship program advance in the rankings and earn this meaningful industry recognition,” said Kevin J. Keane, Managing Partner. “The program’s success is a testament to our talented interns as well as our employees who serve as teachers and mentors. It’s truly become a competitive advantage for our organization.”
In addition to the rankings for 100 Best Internships and Best Accounting Internships, the Firm ranked on several other Vault lists:
- Best Internships for Diversity - #2
- Best Internships for LGBTQ+ Diversity - #2
- Best Internships for Racial & Ethnic Diversity - #2
- Best Internships for Compensation & Benefits - #4
- Best Internships for Quality of Life - #5
- Best Internships for Networking Opportunities - #6
- Best Internships for Quality of Assignments - #6
- Best Internships for Diversity with Respect to Women - #7
- Best Internships for Training & Mentoring - #7
- Best Internships for Overall Career Development - #16
- Best Internships for Employment Prospects - #23
“We’re always looking for ways to improve our internship program and provide a more meaningful experience for our interns,” said Dawn Perri, Chief Human Resources Officer. “While other companies were forced to cancel their internship programs this year, we feel fortunate that we had the resources in place to successfully transition our program to a virtual format. The rankings are a rewarding validation of those efforts, especially because the scores come from current and former interns.”
To compile the 2021 Vault Top Internships Rankings, Vault surveyed more than 11,000 current and former interns in the summer of 2020. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, respondents were asked to rate their internship experiences in six core areas: Quality of Life, Compensation & Benefits, Interview Process, Career Development, Full-time Employment Prospects, and Diversity.
PKF O’Connor Davies offers three distinct internships that provide an opportunity to work side by side with industry professionals and clients to gain meaningful career experiences across a number of accounting industry services.
- Leaders of Tomorrow Program – For undergraduates interested in growing into an influential role in accounting, this two-day program presents the opportunity to explore the Firm, it’s culture and the career-launching benefits it provides. Participants take part in skill-building workshops, network with Firm professionals and develop leadership abilities as they gain a genuine understanding of the responsibilities and advantages a career with the Firm entails.
- Winter Tax Internship – For undergraduates who want to explore a career in public accounting and secure valuable hands-on experience at the same time. Interns work directly with clients as an active member of one of the Firm’s industry group teams, assisting with tax scanning and tax return preparation. This takes place during the mid-February to mid-April tax season.
- Summer Audit Internship – For undergraduates seeking real-world audit experience along with immersion in the Firm’s culture. As a team member in an industry group, interns assist in executing actual audit projects for key clients and conduct a market research project for presentation to Firm leadership. Interns build their professional networks through community service and Firm-sponsored events and undergo specialized training and collaboration with an Intern Advisor.
PKF O’Connor Davies has 13 offices in five states and continues to expand through organic growth and acquisitions on the East Coast. It has supported this growth with a strategic combination of promoting from within coupled with tactical external hires.
About PKF O’Connor Davies, LLP
PKF O’Connor Davies, LLP is a full-service certified public accounting and advisory firm with a long history of serving clients both domestically and internationally. With roots tracing to 1891, 13 offices in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland and Rhode Island and more than 900 professionals led by over 100 partners, the Firm provides a complete range of accounting, auditing, tax and management advisory services.
PKF O’Connor Davies is a top-ranked firm according to Accounting Today’s 2020 “Top 100 Firms” list, and the Firm is also recognized as a “Leader in Audit and Accounting,” a “Pacesetter in Growth” and one of the “Top Firms in the Mid-Atlantic.” In 2021 rankings, PKF O'Connor Davies was named one of Vault's Accounting 50, a ranking of the 50 best accounting employers to work for in North America, and ranked among the top 50 most prestigious accounting firms in America in a complementary Vault survey. The Firm is the 12th largest accounting firm in the New York Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s New York Business, and the 10th top accounting firm in New Jersey according to NJBiz’s 2019 rankings.
PKF O’Connor Davies is enrolled in the AICPA Peer Review Program and has central memberships in the Private Companies Practice Section (PCPS), the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center (EBPAQC), Government Audit Quality Center (GAQC) and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).
By consistently delivering proactive, thorough and efficient service, PKF O'Connor Davies has built long-lasting, valuable relationships with its clients. Partners are closely involved in the day-to-day management of engagements, ensuring a high degree of client service and cost effectiveness. The Firm’s seasoned professional staff members employ a team approach to all engagements to provide clients with the utmost quality and timely services aimed at helping them succeed. Continuity of staffing and attention to detail in all client engagements make the Firm stand out among its competitors.
PKF O’Connor Davies is the lead North American representative of the international association of PKF member firms. PKF International is a network of legally independent member firms providing accounting, tax, and business advisory services in over 400 locations in 150 countries around the world. With its tradition, experience and focus on the future, PKF O’Connor Davies is ready to help clients meet today’s ever-changing economic conditions and manage the growing complexities of the regulatory environment. For more information, visit http://www.PKFOD.com.
# # #