SANTA CLARA, Calif., September 16, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Polysense Technologies Inc. (Polysense), an innovation leader in LPWA IoT solutions for wireless and fiber sensing, today announced the commercial availability of its smart city infrastructure manhole monitoring solution. The solution has been adopted and deployed successfully by multiple municipalities worldwide
Manholes of all kinds, including electricity, water and gas, and communications, are everywhere in the landscape of every city, as a critical part of the city infrastructure. Proper maintenance and monitoring of such is increasingly on the agenda for any city government to ensure the smooth operation of the city infrastructure. Manhole covers can be illegally opened or tampered with; manhole flooding can occur due to inadequate drainage system; critical asset in the manhole can be damaged; and a dangerous environment can build up in the manhole.
The Polysense smart city manhole solution supports the following:
1) Choice of wireless uplinks: LoRaWAN, NB-IoT, or Wi-Fi (LTE to be available in Q4 2019)
2) WxS8800-021CM (LoRa)/WxS9810-021CM (NB-IoT)/WxS7800-021CM (Wi-Fi)
3) Dimension: 355mm x 80mm x 80mm (including antenna length)
4) Wide range of use cases: illegal opening and tampering of the manhole cover; micro-environment (temperature, humidity, light, pressure) inside the manhole; water level and presence of dangerous gases in the manhole; asset protection in the manhole
5) IP68 enclosure customer designed for harsh manhole environment and efficient installation
6) Battery operation of 5 to 10 years
Manhole status is monitored in real time. Once an event is detected and reported, an alert is sent to the IoT cloud platform for visual display, to smart phone app or via email or text message, so immediate attention is given.
Polysense Smart City manhole solution is immediately available for ordering.
Please contact Polysense for further information: [email protected]
Located in Santa Clara, California, with offices in Beijing, Luo Yang and Shanghai, China, Polysense develops IoT products and solutions for smart enterprise, city and home, including distributed fiber sensing, LPWAN LoRa, NB-IoT/LTE CAT M and Wi-Fi/BLE based wireless IoT sensors and cloud based data management and analytics cloud platform iView, edge computing platform iEdge, smartphone App iPalm.
SOURCE Polysense Technologies