We covered a lot of ground in just two days at Cypress University. It was an excellent way to recap trends we’re seeing with employee benefits now and introduce solutions that can effectively produce plan savings.
APPLETON, Wis. (PRWEB) May 16, 2019
Returning to Las Vegas for the 8th consecutive year, Cypress University wrapped up yesterday after two days of educational sessions that focused on forward-thinking solutions and strategies for self-funded plans.
Cypress Benefit Administrators, a Lucent Health company, presented the event to more than 300 attendees at Caesars Palace with all seats filled to capacity. As with years past, cost containment was a highlight of the conference as the third party administrator (TPA) featured case study examples – and a more in-depth account – of how its employer-clients are saving money through customizable plan programs. A stop loss panel of experts was also back by popular demand, giving the audience a chance to ask questions about coverage, contracts and more.
Other session topics and speakers in the Cypress University line-up included:
- Sound bites vs. substance in health plans – Ron Peck, The Phia Group
- Lowering diagnostic imaging costs – Ray Tamborini, One Call Health Solutions
- Getting control over health plan data – Jana Fuelberth, Analytic.Li
- The true benefit of care and disease management – Michael Burcham, Narus Health
- Specialty drugs and manufacturer assistance programs – Nathan Dee, Magellan Rx
- Encouraging employee use of best-in-class surgery centers – Mark Davenport, PriceMDs
- Success with concierge medicine – Shauna Thomas, Hostcare Resources
- International medical options and travel benefits – Tom Garner, SkyMedicus
- Group captives and small group success in self-funding – Andrew Clayton, Pareto Captive Services
- Reference-based pricing (RBP)/value-based payment update – Ryan Day, HST
- Saving with direct primary care – Dan Thompson, Clinical Wellness Network
“We covered a lot of ground in just two days at Cypress University,” explained Tom Doney, president of Cypress. “It was an excellent way to recap trends we’re seeing with employee benefits now and introduce solutions that can effectively produce plan savings.”
Along with all of the presentations and panels in the line-up, attendees had several opportunities to network at Cypress University and meet with best-in-class presenters, partners and members of the Cypress team.
About Cypress Benefit Administrators
Cypress Benefit Administrators, a Lucent Health company, has been pioneering the way toward cost containment in self-funded health benefits since 2000. Privately held and headquartered in Appleton, Wis., the third party administrator (TPA) is the country’s first to bring claims administration, consumer driven health plans and proven cost control measures together into one package for companies ranging from 50 employees to thousands of employees. It serves employer-clients across the U.S. with additional locations in Portland, Ore., Omaha, Neb. and Denver, Col. For more information on Cypress and its customized employee benefits, visit http://www.cypressbenefit.com.