“We’re the original ‘socially distant’ vacation destination thanks to our family vacation homes,” said Colin Sanderson, director of sales and marketing. “Guests of Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa have miles of nature to hike, bike, golf, fish, kayak, horseback ride, and even take a hot air balloon ride."
GALENA, Ill. (PRWEB) May 12, 2021
With Midwest vacation homes booked solid, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa in Galena, Illinois, is ready for summer with nearly 150 villas and homes from one to eight bedrooms, ideal for couples, families or small groups to take in a beautiful change of scenery without getting on a plane or sacrificing safety or open space. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located in Northwest Illinois on more than 6,800 acres in the magnificent Galena Territory, which is a short drive from most Midwest cities including Chicago, Ill, Dubuque, Iowa, and Madison, Wis.
“We’re the original ‘socially distant’ vacation destination thanks to our family vacation homes,” said Colin Sanderson, director of sales and marketing. “Guests of Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa have miles of nature to hike, bike, golf, fish, zip line, kayak, canoe, horseback ride, and even take a hot air balloon ride. They can order in pizza or anything from our restaurants, and enjoy the great outdoors without worrying about coming into contact with others.”
Homes can be booked directly at http://www.eagleridge.com and families can bring pets, celebrate family events together, or even spend some mid-week time e-learning and working while being close to nature and all the activities the resort has to offer. In addition to the private homes, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa guests can stay in the Inn, as well as enjoy a wide variety of open-air dining options. The Highlands Restaurant and Lounge 289 are both open seven days a week and feature a cantilevered deck that seats over 40. Overlooking the 10th fairway and the 18th green of the premier General golf course, the deck also offers panoramic views of The Galena Territory. Lounge 289 has upper and lower lounge areas with four glass garage doors that can be opened for relaxing and dining al fresco.
Eagle Ridge’s summer line-up of family-friendly events includes:
Memorial Day Weekend
- May 28 through May 31 is the unofficial summer launch with special packages for the long getaway weekend, horseback riding, fishing, and boating. Eagle Ridge is extending a Memorial Day Weekend Package, which includes staying Friday and Saturday night and getting Sunday night half off.
- June 18, 19 and 20 are the dates for the annual Great Galena Balloon Race, which takes place on the grounds of Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa. The three-day adventure over Father’s Day weekend includes multiple balloon races, balloon rides, live music, wine and beer sampling events, and fun for the whole family.
- The Antique Town Rods Show (July 17) is set on the banks of the Galena River, overlooking beautiful Galena. this car show features some of the most beautiful vehicles. This is a great opportunity for guests to see how cars have changed over the years and to hear their owners’ stories.
- The Midwest Garlic Fest (Aug 28) takes place in Elizabeth, Il and features vendors, music, local growers and more. The fest is fun for the whole family and a short drive from the resort.
Fourth of July Weekend
- Shenandoah Rodeo. It’s “Freedom Reigns” at the annual Pro Rodeo July 3 and 4 with the toughest broncs and wildest bulls. The Shenandoah Riding Center goes out west for two nights featuring bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, calf roping, bull riding, and women’s barrel racing. The evening ends with a firework spectacular.
- Eagle Ridge guests also have access to horseback riding with miles of riding trails. The resort’s Fourth of July overnight special is stay Friday and Saturday night and get Sunday night half off.
- Labor Day Weekend is the unofficial end of summer and is celebrated with packages and specials.
- Galena Cellars celebrates the end of the grape harvest with the 11th Annual Fall Harvest & Art Festival (Sept 25) featuring family friendly activities including a lively grape stomp and live music by the Fever River String Band.
- Throughout the summer, couples and families can enjoy a number of on-property recreational fun with activities including taking a dip in the pool, horseback riding at the Shenandoah Riding Center, zip lining at Long Hollow Canopy Tours, bird watching, balloon rides, boating and fishing, hiking, biking and much more.
- For a relaxing break, Eagle Ridge’s Stonedrift Spa is open and available for guests to enjoy safely, with monthly and daily specials.
All activities, packages, and rooms can be viewed at http://www.eagleridge.com, or guests can call 800-892-2269 with questions and to make a reservation.
# # #
About Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago within The Galena Territory, a 6,800-acre recreational, residential and resort community six miles southeast of the historic town of Galena, Ill. The resort’s grounds include 63 holes on four award-winning golf courses, and accommodations that range from quaint Inn rooms with nearly 150 villas and distinctive homes. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa has 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space and beautiful conference homes, which regularly accommodate corporate groups, banquets and weddings. Other features include award-winning restaurants, the new golf complex with Highlands restaurant, Lounge 289, pro shop, general store and a gas station, the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, and an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. For reservations or additional information, call (800) 892-2269 or visit http://www.eagleridge.com.
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa
444 Eagle Ridge Drive
Galena, IL 61036
Click here for photos.