TEL AVIV, Israel (PRWEB) September 16, 2020
Portshift, a leader in Kubernetes-native solutions, today announced serverless container security support for AWS Fargate. Building upon the company's technology partner ecosystem, the Portshift Platform now provides runtime protection for Fargate instances running on AWS EKS.
AWS Fargate allocates the right amount of compute for containers, eliminating the need to choose instances and scale cluster capacity in Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS). The Fargate serverless solution makes it easy for DevOps professionals to focus on building applications by removing the need to provision and manage servers. The Portshift security solution helps to prevent the deployment of unknown or vulnerable images by detecting, alerting and blocking malicious or non-authenticated containers. With seamless integration capabilities, Portshift natively protects Fargate instances without any insertion of code or code instrumentation by leveraging an agentless approach. The platform validates Fargate images early in the CI and CD pipeline and enforces runtime security on Fargate EKS to prevent unauthorized or misconfigured containers from running.
Advanced security capabilities for AWS Fargate include:
- Frictionless Deployment: As the only agentless solution with a Kubernetes admission controller, Portshift provides a unique security platform for Fargate. While traditional agent-based models require access or integration to core infrastructure, this "access" reduces security levels by increasing entry points. Portshift offers an agentless security solution for Fargate, eliminating the need to access critical infrastructure.
- Comprehensive Security: Portshift provides rich context, declarative policy enforcement and remediation for Fargate instances at a level that is unmatched in the industry. It also provides visibility and control, vulnerability management, declarative policy management, executable runtime prevention, threat detection and remediation during runtime, and security-as-code to streamline DevOps security.
- Better Operational Experience: DevOps, DevSecOps and security professionals gain holistic security and compliance oversight with Portshift's single pane of glass Kubernetes-based platform for a single source of container security truth.
"When using AWS Fargate and Portshift together for secure serverless architecture the combined solution provides seamless runtime security for any container use case," said Zohar Kaufman, VP R&D and Co-founder, Portshift. "Portshift provides extended security layers for Fargate instances allowing users to benefit from a seamless and frictionless deployment."
To learn more about Portshift, please visit https://www.portshift.io/product/
Tweet this: @Portshift Announces Kubernetes-Native Security for AWS Fargate - https://www.portshift.io/company/in-the-media/
To learn more about Portshift:
- Become a Trusted Portshift Partner: https://www.portshift.io/partners/
- Visit Portshift at https://www.portshift.io
- Follow Portshift on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/portshift
- Follow Portshift on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/portshift/
- Register for this webinar at: https://bit.ly/30994J7
Portshift is a Kubernetes-native solution providing a single pane of glass for containers and Kubernetes security. With a single Portshift pod deployment, DevOps can leverage the power of our lightweight solution to protect from vulnerabilities across images, containers, Kubernetes, and runtime deployments. Portshift ensures a continuous hardening process during the entire containerized applications lifecycle, from code to runtime. Leveraging service-mesh, Portshift delivers network communication security inside and outside the mesh. Go to portshift.io for more info.