WOODSTOCK, Ga., April 23, 2021 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- This April, Bug Busters, Inc. is joining others in the professional pest control industry to celebrate National Pest Management Month (NPMM), an annual observance recognized by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) and Chase's Calendar of Events. NPMM recognizes the role pest control professionals play in protecting public health, food and property from threats posed by pests.
"Pest professionals and the pest control industry play a key role in our lives, working year-round to protect families and businesses from health and property threats, "said Court Parker, Chief Executive Officer at Bug Busters. "Pests such as cockroaches, ticks and mosquitoes can transmit deadly diseases to humans while termites and rodents can cause serious structural damage to homes and businesses. Pest control professionals are at the ready to help should an infestation be suspected, but we also want to empower Americans to take proactive pest prevention steps as well to help ward off any potential invaders."
To assist homeowners with practicing proper pest prevention, NPMA and Bug Busters are sharing tips to avoid any run-ins with pests:
- Eliminate sources of standing water around the structure and clean clogged gutters to help reduce moisture.
- Seal any cracks on the exterior of the structure with a silicone-based caulk, paying close attention to where utilities and pipes enter.
- Keep mulch at least 15 inches from the foundation and keep tree branches and shrubbery trimmed back and away from the structure.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry to avoid moisture buildup.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Store food in airtight containers and keep surfaces clean of any crumbs or spills.
- Contact a licensed pest control professional to schedule property inspections or to assist with an infestation.
To reach one of our licensed pest professionals, please visit BugBustersUSA.com or call us at (770) 517-0200.
About Bug Busters, Inc.
Bug Busters, Inc. has been serving the Southeast since 1984. With branch offices in Georgia and Tennessee, they offer environmentally-friendly pest control solutions to protect customers' homes, businesses, families, and pets-
Natalie Wolf, Bug Busters, Inc., 7703311077, [email protected]
SOURCE Bug Busters, Inc.