OUR MISSION... To keep the public safe by offering streamlined online DMV services, and offering California vehicle owners the advantage of not having to wait in line, whether it be virtual or in-person.
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (PRWEB) April 21, 2021
NeedTags has been providing Californians with vehicle registration services since 2016, allowing the public to perform complex DMV transactions safely online. The NeedTags system communicates directly with the California Department of Motor Vehicles through SSL secured API, allowing for the processing of numerous types of complex vehicle registration transactions. As a delegated provider of online government services, NeedTags is able to not only provide standard vehicle registration, but expedited complex DMV services alike; a consumer benefit, which without, would require those in need to visit a DMV office in-person. For the vulnerable, and consumers with time constraints, this may mean lost wages, fines, and most sadly, the risk of Covid-19 exposure or transmission.
Some of the vehicle registration services NeedTags provides the public include:
- Instant digital CA DMV registration card downloads. NeedTags makes available a downloadable registration e-Card, at no charge, immediately after checkout; a service option not yet available through the State.
- Next-day shipping of registration documents. NeedTags has assisted countless Uber and Lyft drivers, helping them avoid having to pause driving. DMV inventory can be shipped anywhere in the United States and Canada, and overnight.
- DMV address record corrections during registration renewal. Normally only possible through mail, physically visiting a DMV office, or allowing for a 30 day timeline for processing when performed directly through the DMV. The NeedTags UI is designed to verify the user’s identity and perform address updates concurrent with their DMV renewal. New registration, with updated and current information, is issued immediately after checkout. This service is especially beneficial for those who have an urgent need to provide proof of their current address.
- Shipping of DMV inventory (registration cards and stickers) to addresses not on official DMV records. This service allows traveling vehicle owners to remain compliant with local registration laws in the particular states which they are temporarily in; effectively removing the risk of being stopped by law enforcement and ticketed. A “mailing to any address” option is not available through the State. Without this service, a vehicle owner would need someone to receive their DMV inventory locally (at their address on DMV records) and have the entrusted entity ship their documents to them, out-of-state. Some vehicle owners may not have this ability, and driving back to California may not be an option.
- Online smog check certification exemptions, which through the State may only be applied for and obtained by mail, requiring a minimum 30 day timeline for processing. Through NeedTags, new registration is able to be shipped anywhere in the U.S and exemption requests are processed same-day. This service has been utilized countless times by our Nation’s armed forces. Military personnel, originally from California but stationed out-of-state, and whose vehicles require a biennial smog inspection, have benefited the most. NeedTags regularly assists those who have recreational vehicles (RV) parked out-of-state, and workers in industries which often find jobs out of California, such as travelling nurses, as well.
- Insurance suspension monitoring which ensures a vehicle’s registration fees are transferred to the DMV the moment a valid insurance certificate is identified by our system. The NeedTags API communicates directly with the DMV Insurance Verification System for real-time status checks. Without this service, a vehicle owner would be required to manually monitor the DMV renewal portal, several times a day, to verify suspension clearance, and upon removal of suspension, submit for registration renewal. The NeedTags system removes this burden from the vehicle owner and requires only a single transaction through our portal.
- Expedited CA title transfer and document preparation; the basic service of transferring a vehicle’s title is available through the State’s online portal. The full-service (concierge level support) option of transferring a vehicle’s title is not. The title transfer process, directly through the DMV, has been described as time consuming by vehicle owners on numerous social media sites, most notably, reddit.com. The back and forth communication necessary to complete a complex title transfer transaction has been noted as taking up to 12 weeks. Through NeedTags, and for a nominal service fee, these transactions are completed in a mere 24 hours. A dedicated agent prepares and files the forms necessary to process the title transfer transaction on the customer’s behalf, removing the burden, and allowing customers to enjoy their new vehicles with peace of mind. All title orders are processed, and new registration and tags issued, on the same day documents are received at the NeedTags order processing center; mailing in of original title is required, as with the DMV directly. This service option is absolutely the fasted and easiest way to obtain a new California Certificate of Title online, and at a current low price point, truly a great value.
The benefits NeedTags offers the public are now more crucial than ever. Allowing vehicle owners to avoid visiting the DMV in-person reduces their risk of catching or spreading Covid-19. Not only does this protect our customers, but it protects the community as a whole. NeedTags is making every effort to inform the public of their existence. They are a paid DMV alterative service option which may be used to perform registration transactions quickly and safely online.