WASHINGTON (PRWEB) November 30, 2020
In December 2020, the United States Mint (Mint) will release numismatic products featuring the George H.W. Bush Presidential $1 Coin and the corresponding Barbara Bush First Spouse Bronze Medal.
2020 George H.W. Bush Presidential $1 Coin Rolls, Bags, and Boxes
All product options contain circulating quality coins from the Philadelphia Mint or Denver Mint that have never been placed into circulation.
- PRODUCT OPTION: 25-Coin Roll-P, PRODUCT CODE: 20PD, PRICE: $34.50, PRODUCT LIMIT: 25,000
- PRODUCT OPTION: 25-Coin Roll-D, PRODUCT CODE: 20PE, PRICE: $34.50, PRODUCT LIMIT: 25,000
- PRODUCT OPTION: 100-Coin Bag-P, PRODUCT CODE: 20PH, PRICE: $117.50, PRODUCT LIMIT: 2,700
- PRODUCT OPTION: 100-Coin Bag-D, PRODUCT CODE: 20PJ, PRICE: $117.50, PRODUCT LIMIT: 2,100
- PRODUCT OPTION: 250-Coin Box-P, PRODUCT CODE: 20PF, PRICE: $289.75, PRODUCT LIMIT: 8,000
- PRODUCT OPTION: 250-Coin Box-D, PRODUCT CODE: 20PG, PRICE: $289.75, PRODUCT LIMIT: 8,000
2020 Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set™--George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush
This product includes an uncirculated George H.W. Bush Presidential $1 Coin and the Barbara Bush bronze medal. The coin and medal are presented in a durable plastic card enhanced with representations of the President and first spouse portraits. The product limit is 10,000.
The obverse (tails) of the George H.W. Bush Presidential $1 Coin features an image of the former president with the inscriptions "GEORGE H.W. BUSH," "IN GOD WE TRUST," "41st PRESIDENT," and "1989–1993.” The design was created by United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program (AIP) designer Elana Hagler and engraved by Mint Chief Engraver Joseph Menna.
The reverse (tails) features an image of the Statue of Liberty with the inscriptions "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" and "$1." The year of minting, mint mark, and the inscription "E PLURIBUS UNUM" are incused on the edge of the coin. The reverse was designed and engraved by former Mint Lead Engraver Don Everhart.
The obverse of the Barbara Bush First Spouse Medal depicts a portrait of the former First Lady with the inscriptions "BARBARA BUSH," "41st," and "1989-1993." The obverse was designed by AIP designer Benjamin Sowards and engraved by Mint Medallic Artist Phebe Hemphill.
The medal’s reverse depicts a person reading a book with an open road before them symbolizing literacy, knowledge, and life’s journey. The sun represents the promise of a brighter future. The reverse was designed by AIP designer Barbara Fox and sculpted by Mint Medallic Artist John P. McGraw.
The Barbara Bush bronze medal will not be sold separately. The bronze medal will be available only in the 2020 Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set™--George H.W. and Barbara Bush, and the Coin and Chronicles Set--George Herbert Walker Bush. .
The Coin and Chronicles Set--George Herbert Walker Bush (product code 20PA) will be available in 2021 with product limit of 10,000 units (price TBD).
To sign up for Remind Me alerts, visit:
-https://catalog.usmint.gov/george-h-w-bush-presidential-1-coin-2020-rolls-bags-and-boxes-MASTER_BUSHRBB.html - 2020 George H.W. Bush Presidential $1 Coin Rolls, Bags, and Boxes (product codes 20PD, 20PE, 20PF, 20PG, 20PH, and 20PJ) on sale December 4, 2020
-https://catalog.usmint.gov/presidential-1-coin-first-spouse-medal-set---george-h.w.bush-20PK.html - 2020 Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set™--George H.W. and Barbara Bush (product code 20PK) on sale December 21, 2020
To reduce the risk of employee exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace, the Mint’s sales centers are closed until further notice. Additionally, due to operational adjustments in response to COVID-19, our customer service representatives are available to assist with any questions you may have, but are unable to accept credit card information or place your order over the phone. Please use our website for all order placements at this time.
About the United States Mint
Congress created the United States Mint in 1792, and the Mint became part of the Department of the Treasury in 1873. As the Nation’s sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage, the Mint is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the Nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The Mint also produces numismatic products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; silver and bronze medals; and silver and gold bullion coins. Its numismatic programs are self-sustaining and operate at no cost to taxpayers.
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/news/image-library/presidential-dollar for images of the George H.W. Bush Presidential $1 Coin
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/news/image-library/first-spouse-gold-coin-program#barbarabush for images of the Barbara Bush Gold Coin
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/learn/coin-and-medal-programs/medals/first-spouse-medals for images of the Barbara Bush First Spouse Bronze Medal
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/about for information about the United States Mint.
- Visit https://catalog.usmint.gov/email-signup to subscribe to United States Mint electronic product notifications, news releases, and public statements.
- Sign up for RSS Feeds from the United States Mint and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
# # #
United States Mint – Connecting America through Coins