Vehicle Displays & Interfaces Detroit provides the value chain with roadmaps to new HMI markets for emerging in-car displays
DETROIT (PRWEB) July 10, 2019
The Detroit Chapter of the Society for Information Display (SID) is pleased to announce that Douglas E. Patton, Principal at Jupiter Consulting LLC, will deliver the keynote address at the 26th SID Vehicle Displays & Interfaces Symposium and Expo Detroit to take place September 24-25, 2019, at the Burton Manor Conference Center, Livonia, MI.
Doug Patton is uniquely qualified to provide the most current perspective, insights, and likely evolutionary path of the vehicle cockpit experience, with all its underlying advancements in interaction between driver, passenger, and vehicle. Doug will open this year’s SID Vehicle Displays & Interfaces Detroit with a keynote address titled “HMI Opportunities Between Now and Autonomous Drive”.
Doug is the former Executive Vice President Engineering, CTO, and Senior Technical advisor at DENSO International America, Inc, where he provided input and support on all aspects of R&D in North America. His wide-ranging responsibilities included climate control, engine components, systems and components, engine electrical, safety products, cluster, in-vehicle-infotainment (IVI), and body electronics. Doug earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, as well as his Master of Business Administration from Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois. He is an Engineering Society of Detroit fellow and past president of both the Engineering Society of Detroit and SAE International.
Doug’s keynote address will span current-day human machine interface (HMI) developments and advancements, followed by a short and long-term outlook at what’s on the horizon for emerging technologies and opportunities that could impact autonomous drive vehicles. His presentation will delve into public perception, technology, and how industry might bridge the gap, which will resonate with the vehicle display community, from academia and design engineering, to display creators, startups, vehicle OEMS, and Tier 1 suppliers.
The Vehicle Displays & Interfaces Detroit Symposium and Expo combine to create the world’s most comprehensive full-spectrum forum serving the vehicle display and interface value chain, with a focus on next-generation in-vehicle displays, interfaces, and systems shaping the future of the autonomous drive experience in the trillion-dollar global vehicle marketplace.
Hundreds of automotive OEM professionals, designers, engineers, scientists, technologists, researchers, and systems integrators, as well as manufacturers, are expected to gather for two immersive days at the 26th annual SID Vehicle Displays & Interfaces Detroit. The technical program features presentations by visionary scientists, engineers, and technologists from the global display, HMI, vehicle systems, photonics, academic, and auto OEM communities. These peer-reviewed papers provide in-depth knowledge and insights on the latest scientific advances, most recent breakthroughs, and potentially revolutionary applications.
The symposium program covers the most relevant topics driving change in the vehicle display landscape, including:
Panel Discussion: Camera Monitor Systems or Electronic Mirrors for Future Vehicles Automotive market
- Usage of and trends in automotive displays & interfaces and applications
- Customer acceptance and feedback on different display and interface technologies
- Regulation and trends related to in-vehicle interactions
Display, lighting and system tech. applicable to vehicular applications or other devices for lighting, signaling
- Display technologies and components (LCD, OLED, LEDs, MEMS, RGB lasers, ICs)
- Optical components (illuminators, coatings, films, polarizers, lenses, prisms)
- LED, OLED, or other devices for lighting, signaling
Human machine interface (HMI) and system solutions to improve driver performance and user experience
- Display system legibility (electronic mirrors), visual performance, driver distraction
- Touch screen, haptic and acoustic technologies to improve user’s response
- Driver/User interfaces (devices, human factors)
- HMI tools and methods (software development) and metrology for MM (Multi Modal) HMI
- Head-up displays, augmented reality, night vision systems and components
- Driver assist features (Navigation, ADAS, collision warning) toward Autonomous drive
- Infotainment and projection displays
- Tools and techniques for measuring HMI efficacy
Application issues with vehicular displays, lighting, touch, and HMI
- Optical, mechanical, electrical, and thermal performance
- Modeling and simulation
- Metrology and testing
- Electrical interfaces (ICs, connectors, power management, video communication)
Advanced technologies for displays, touchscreens, sensors, and processors
- Sunlight readable, curved, flexible, low-power, ultra-high contrast displays and touch technologies
- Flexible and color e-Paper technologies (lower power, sunlight readable)
- Metal oxides and organic semiconductor-based flexible electronics
- Nano-materials and nanotechnology
- Touch input devices
- Photovoltaic devices
- Electronic mirrors
The concurrent exhibition features more than 100 leading display technology product and service providers, showcasing their latest cockpit offerings, up-and-coming technologies, systems, and in-car solutions. Attendees can demo products, source suppliers, and engage in one-on-one problem solving for their current projects with expert technical reps.
To review the Symposium Program go to http://www.VehicleDisplay.org.
To register for Early Bird savings, or to join SID, go to http://www.VehicleDisplay.org.
For information on exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, contact Joe Nemchek at jnemchek(at)pcm411, or call (203) 502-8338.
About SID Vehicle Displays & Interfaces Detroit Symposium & Exhibition:
SID Vehicle Displays Detroit is sponsored by the Detroit Chapter of SID (Society for Information Display) http://www.sid.org. SID is the only professional society focused on the electronic display and visual information technology industries. By exclusively focusing on the advancement of electronic display and visual information technologies, SID provides a unique platform for industry collaboration, communication and training in all related technologies while showcasing the industry’s best new products. The organization’s members are professionals in the technical and business disciplines that relate to display research, design, manufacturing, applications, marketing and sales.