SEATTLE (PRWEB) October 08, 2020
Raima Database Manager is the solution for:
- High performance applications, through in-memory and snapshot support
- Edge/remote data with low power availability
- Applications that are sensitive to application footprint
- Applications that will need multiplatform support whether it is desktop and/or real-time platforms
- RDM has support for most common programming language developers prefer.
Here are some of the new and improved features of 14.2:
Multi-user Focused Storage Format
The updated database file format will increase database throughput through a focus on locking contention prevention. It is designed to meet the following requirements:
- Performance: Improved performance over previous version of RDM and competitor products. In an industry standard TPC-B test ran on a RaspberryPI RDM outperformed SQLite by about 20x.
- Automatic Locking: Reduced need for developers to individually lock every table in a relationship. RDM now automatically locks any related and relevant tables with one lock by the user.
- Portability: Database content will be independent of the CPU architecture, allowing databases to be copied between platforms, or concurrently accessed by computers with different operating systems or CPU architectures.
- Upgradability: Database upgradability with respect to database migration from prior RDM versions can be done through import/export functionality.
Geospatial Data Support
RDM 14.2 will have an updated R-tree index implementation specifically designed to be used for geospatial data. Additional query types supporting point, line, circle/radius and polygonal bounding boxes have been added.
A newly supported REST-ful interface has been added to the database server functionality.
- CRUD: (create, read, update and delete) operation to the database through simple HTML GET and POST operations support.
- Diagnostics: RDM engine status: memory usage, CPU usage, database size, table size, users connected, etc. are all retrievable through this interface.
- Administration: Database utility functions such as: database vacuuming and database consistency checks can be started through the interface as well
Raima is a provider of high-performance, In Memory, always-on database management system technology for both in-memory database usage and persistent storage devices. We deliver database solutions that are cross-platform, small-footprint database systems designed for distributed architecture in resource-constrained environments. Visit our website at http://www.raima.com.
Learn more and download a free trial on the Raima website.