“This study identifies the key local ranking pack factors that are most relevant." - Chris Dreyer, CEO and Founder of Rankings.io
CASEYVILLE, Ill. (PRWEB) December 15, 2020
Rankings.io, a digital marketing agency for personal injury law firms, recently released a Google My Business (GMB) Ranking Study, after several months of analyzing GMB profiles of personal injury attorneys across 426 U.S. cities, with the assistance of a team of data scientists.
When potential clients Google “personal injury lawyer,” the search engine places the top search results into “the local pack”—a list of the top attorneys near the person conducting the search.
Google ranks websites using a closely guarded secret algorithm. Other studies rely on the opinions of SEO practitioners to discern how to rank in the local pack. The Rankings study, however, based its determinations on a unique, scientific data study.
“The goal of our research was to confirm the most important local ranking factors using state-of-the-art machine learning and to call attention to any key differences,” said Chris Dreyer, CEO and Founder of Rankings.io. “This study identifies the key local ranking pack factors that are most relevant to the niche of personal injury law.”
The study shows that attorneys listed in the three-pack receive 42 percent of potential clients’ clicks. Furthermore, Rankings.io’s study reveals:
1. The city listed in the GMB profile had the greatest impact on rank in the local pack.
2. Choosing the business category of “personal injury lawyer” had the second-greatest impact on the GMB position.
3. Adding the string “lawyer” or “attorney” to the GMB title and/or description had a positive impact on GMB position.
4. Higher number of reviews correlated with higher positions in the local pack.
5. Surprisingly, higher review ratings had no impact on position; this is likely because personal injury attorneys showed similar ratings.
6. Greater numbers of photos in a GMB profile was strongly correlated with higher GMB position.
7. Regular updates to a GMB profile correlated with higher rankings.
8. GMB listings with robust organic search engine optimization (SEO) tended to rank higher in the local pack.
9. Basic information in the GMB profile showed no impact on position.
Rankings.io is a unique digital marketing agency that works exclusively with elite personal injury law firms. Our unrelenting conviction to be the best drives us to do everything possible to ensure that the personal injury law firms working with us are dominating the search results. For more information, visit http://rankings.io.