“Our latest enhancements put our clients ahead of the curve, exceeding accessibility standards, and serving all tenants in the marketplace," said Nathan Miller, President of Rentec Direct.
GRANTS PASS, Ore. (PRWEB) April 09, 2020
Rentec Direct, the highest-rated property management software solution, is excited to announce new enhancements to its property management software to better serve users who are visually impaired. The updates improve accessibility standards and enhance the user experience for tenants and prospective tenants who depend on assistive technology to access digital content.
“Our goal at Rentec is to support landlords and property managers - and their tenants - in every way we possibly can,” said Nathan Miller, President of Rentec Direct. “There are currently few legal requirements that specifically require non-government affiliated landlords and property managers to ensure their business websites adhere to accessibility standards. For us, however, this is an important goal. Our latest enhancements put our clients ahead of the curve, exceeding accessibility standards, and serving all tenants in the marketplace.”
The recent accessibility updates to Rentec Direct’s property management software include:
- Full compliance with Job Access With Speech (JAWS) standards and a 100% score on accessibility audits from web browsers like Chrome and Firefox.
- Customizable property management websites for landlords and property managers that now include accessibility features.
- A new “skip to main content” link feature useful for screen readers to move past the header and navigation links on a website and go directly to the main content of the page.
- Online rental application compatibility with JAWS and most other computer screen reader programs.
- Tenant portals that are fully accessible and work well with assistive technology.
Developers follow the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) to implement accessibility standards when building websites. Rentec Direct followed the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines provided by WAI to meet the objectives of the American Disability Act Title III for Rentec-hosted client websites, online rental applications and tenant portals.
To learn more about Rentec Direct’s latest accessibility enhancements, visit: https://www.rentecdirect.com/blog/accessibility-enhancements/.
About Rentec Direct
Rentec Direct offers industry-leading property management software and tenant screening solutions for real estate professionals. Features include online rent payments, tenant and owner portals, the industry’s largest vacancy listing syndication network, full property, tenant, and owner accounting, 1099-MISC reporting and more. Rentec Direct received the Real Estate Company of the Year Award in the 2019 American Business Awards, has been named to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies for three years in a row (as of 2019), and was also included on the 2017, 2018 and 2019 Entreprenuer360 list for Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America. http://www.rentecdirect.com