Strategic Radiology is privileged to fund this R&E Foundation named grant through the contributions of our member groups. We wish Dr. Lang the best of luck in his quest to develop an ultrafast MRI/MRA protocol for acute ischemic stroke—many patients will benefit.
CHICAGO (PRWEB) November 09, 2022
The Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Research & Education (R&E) Foundation awarded its 2022 Strategic Radiology Arl Van Moore Jr., MD/RSNA Research Resident Grant to Min Lang, M.D. M.Sc. This grant is made possible by Strategic Radiology’s support of the RSNA R&E Foundation.
The Strategic Radiology Arl Van Moore Jr., MD/RSNA Research Resident Grant provides $30,000 for one year to a top resident to devote 50% of their time for a research project under the guidance of a scientific advisor. Through this project, residents can learn about scientific investigation and develop competence in research techniques.
Min Lang, M.D., M.Sc., Massachusetts General Hospital, will work to develop an ultrafast 3-minute MRI/MRA protocol for acute ischemic stroke evaluation using new rapid MR imaging techniques; and a novel AI-assisted reconstruction technique that enhances image quality will occur in tandem. Successful application of this protocol could potentially improve timely diagnosis and initiation of appropriate clinical management leading to improved outcomes, while the novel reconstruction technique has the potential to be implemented for other neuroimaging indications.
In 2022, the R&E Foundation Board of Trustees approved over $4 million in grant funding. “Investing in careers and driving scientific innovation are the cornerstones of our Foundation and the Board of Trustees is grateful for Strategic Radiology’s partnership in supporting the efforts of these inspiring investigators and educators. This investment makes the entire specialty stronger and ensures better outcomes for the patients we serve,” said Vijay M. Rao, M.D., Chair of the RSNA R&E Foundation Board of Trustees.
"Strategic Radiology is privileged to fund this R&E Foundation named grant through the contributions of our member groups," said Scott A. Bundy, MD, FACR, Chair and CEO, Strategic Radiology,. "We wish Dr. Lang the best of luck in his quest to develop an ultrafast MRI/MRA protocol for acute ischemic stroke—many patients will benefit."
The 2022 SR-RSNA R&E Resident Research Grant is named in honor of former CEO Arl Van Moore Jr., MD, FACR, for his many years of service on behalf of radiology.
About the RSNA R&E Foundation
RSNA is an association of radiologists, radiation oncologists, medical physicists and related scientists promoting excellence in patient care and healthcare delivery through education, research and technologic innovation. The Society is based in Oak Brook, Ill. (RSNA.org)
The mission of the R&E Foundation is to invest in the future of radiology by developing investigators and supporting lifelong innovative research and education. (RSNA.org/Foundation)
About Strategic Radiology
Strategic Radiology (SR) is a coalition of privately owned, independent, radiology practices with a national footprint, representing 1500+ radiologists that have come together to improve quality, gain operational efficiencies, and innovate the future of radiology's private practice model. To learn more, visit http://www.StrategicRadiology.org and follow SR on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Advanced Radiology Services; Grand Rapids, MI
- ARA Health Specialists; Asheville, NC
- Casper Medical Imaging and Outpatient Radiology; Casper, WY
- Catawba Radiology Associates; Hickory, NC
- Central Illinois Radiological Associates; Peoria, IL
- Chesapeake Medical Imaging; Annapolis, MD
- Delaney Radiology; Wilmington, NC
- Diagnostic Imaging Northwest; Portland, OR
- Gaston Radiology; Gastonia, NC
- The Hill Medical Corporation; Pasadena, CA
- Huron Valley Radiology; Ann Arbor, MI
- Mecklenburg Radiology Associates; Charlotte, NC
- Medical Center Radiology Group; Orlando, FL
- Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
- Naugatuck Valley Radiological Associates; Waterbury, CT
- Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
- Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
- Radiologic Medical Services; Iowa City, IA
- Radiology Associates; Corpus Christi, TX
- Radiology Associates; Jeffersonville, IN
- Radiology Associates of Albuquerque; Albuquerque, NM
- Radiology Associates of Macon; Macon, GA
- Radiology Associates of North Texas; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
- Radiology Associates of Richmond; Richmond, VA
- Radiology Associates of Tallahassee; Tallahassee, FL
- Radiology Consultants of Lynchburg; Lynchburg, VA
- Rome Radiology Group; Rome, GA
- Southeast Radiology, Ltd.; Glen Mills, PA
- Southern Radiology Consultants; Baton Rouge, LA
- Tower Imaging Medical Group; Santa Monica, CA
- Triad Radiology Associates; Winston-Salem, NC
- United Imaging Consultants; Mission, KS
- X-Ray Consultants; South Bend, IN