SACRAMENTO, Calif. (PRWEB) May 06, 2020
KISTERS North America has released version 2020.0 of its 3DViewStation product family. The new version features additions and enhancements that assist users in the area of repurposing their CAD data. For instance: V2020.0’s new neighborhood search features, the option to merge selected objects to a single one, a faster, more accurate clash detection and the ability to semantically search PMI. KISTERS provides visualization applications for the Windows desktop, web (via any HTML5 browser) as well as a VR edition.
One frustrating area in the reuse of CAD data can present itself when 2D drawings contain a set of fonts that are typically not included with the drawing file, but, will need to be installed on the local system in order to render the drawing correctly.
“KISTERS’ development and enhancements always follow a customer-centric approach. After reviewing our customer’s most important requirements for 2D drawings, we created 2D font substitution via a customizable table,” said Kelly Baumann, KISTERS North America Business Development Manager. “At this point in time, we allow the user to substitute all fonts to a configurable, single one. 3DViewStation will now prompt, if one or several fonts could not be found and it allows the user to maintain a font substitution table - assigning different fonts to each one that was not able to be located.”
One major focus of development was to increase the value of 3DViewStation’s clash detection function. “We did a complete redesign of our clash. Enjoy: much faster performance, many more options to calculate values of interest and a much more satisfying display of results,” she added. “We believe that, in addition to performance speed, an intuitive and attractive user interface is truly the key to user acceptance and the key to preventing staff from reverting to legacy methods and habits. 3DViewStation v2020.0 introduces a fresh new set of easily applied color schemes. In addition, users can now change the color of render wires on a model by changing from the default black color to a variety of color options.”
“For further ease-of-use in V2020.0, we have added a new option, which allows users to select several subassemblies inside the structure tree and it then allows for the merging of each sub-tree to a single object – resulting in a reduced number of nodes. This might simplify the future processing of an assembly for our customers, re-selecting a merged group of objects instead of individual parts for clash detection,” Baumann stated.
Known for its modern user-interface, high performance viewing, advanced analysis and integration capabilities into leading systems, 3DViewStation ships with current and mature importers for a broad range of 3D and 2D formats including i.e. Catia, NX, Creo, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Inventor, JT, 3D-PDF, STEP, DWG, DXF, DWF, MS Office and many more.
V2020.0 Upgrades Include:
New and updated file formats:
- Import 3D: NX 1899, Parasolid 32, Revit 2020, Revit reading performance improvement
- Import 2D: CATIA: V5-6R2020 (R30), NX: 1899, 1903, 1904, 1907
New and updated functions:
- Fresh UI layout with several color schemes
- Supports the evaluation processes of our customers:Located in the application settings, there are now options to select UI configurations according to available optional modules
- Faster launch of 3DViewStation Desktop
- Neighborhood search (Linear, Box Trap) (neighborhood search available since v2019.1)
- Edge color (wire) is customizable, several options
- Merge objects: merge all selected objects to a single one or to several by selected sub-assembly
- Re-design of clash detection: much faster and more accurate; calculation of intersection curves, penetration depth and volume; more display options, better presentation of results
- Font recognition and replacement for 2D drawings (advanced 2D file formats only)
- "Filter" has been renamed to: "Search"
- Searching Semantic PMI has been added
- Introduction of a status bar, information available for display will grow over time
- Discontinuations: we eliminated HiCAD file format support; we eliminated 32-bit 3DViewStation Desktop version
The latest developments of 3DViewStation can be reviewed in more detail at: https://www.3dviewstation.com/blog.html.
According to Baumann, the KISTERS 3DViewStation is continuously enhanced in response to customer needs and requirements. It is available as Desktop, ActiveX, VR-Edition and HTML5 WebViewer product-versions. All product flavors are intended to be used together with a PLM, ERP or other management system product configuration or service and spare part applications, providing all necessary APIs. For cloud, portal and web-solutions, there is an HTML5-based WebViewer solution available, which does not require client installation. All file formats can be used in combination with the intelligent navigation and hyperlinking features to address needs of complex integration scenarios.
25 years success in the market with superior visualization solutions from desktop to mobile has proven KISTERS to be one of the top players in the visualization industry. Clients ranging from small firms to well-known multinationals, 3DViewStation's easy-to-use interface is suitable for all user groups and 100% customizable to each individual’s specific requirements. More than 3,000 customers and over 200,000 installations worldwide. In addition, KISTERS offers expert advice and support in concept development based on client requirements.