"Deviceless Payments provide a reliable interim payment solution when supply chain issues make it difficult to source payment devices,” Williams added.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (PRWEB) November 15, 2022
RevSpring, the leading provider of healthcare engagement and payment solutions, is pleased to announce that its Deviceless Payments solution is now available within the Epic Credit Card Framework. PCI compliance and fraud are risk factors when healthcare staff receives credit card and ACH information over the phone. Deviceless Payments provide a safe and secure way for staff to take patients’ credit card and ACH payments using the patient’s own device.
Integrated seamlessly within the open credit card framework, Deviceless Payments can be initiated via text, email or phone, mitigating PCI compliance risk by bypassing direct staff interaction with the patient when processing card information. This protects the patients’ privacy while conveniently and expeditiously fulfilling a payment obligation.
Providers who leverage Epic’s Credit Card Framework within Hyperspace—where RevSpring serves as the merchant and gateway—benefit from a frictionless payment environment. The integration ensures all native Epic functionality and workflows work as intended, while improving payment rates by giving patients another method to make payments quickly and securely.
“Our Deviceless Payments solution is a valuable addition to the long and growing list of successful RevSpring product integrations with Epic. We are pleased to now facilitate frictionless payments in Epic Hyperspace, which boost PCI compliance while increasing staff productivity,” said Casey Williams, senior vice president, engagement and payment applications, at RevSpring.
“Supporting our customers’ financial goals is a key objective for RevSpring. Deviceless Payments provide a reliable interim payment solution when supply chain issues make it difficult to source payment devices. In addition to increasing payments, customers can look forward to reduced equipment costs since P2PE devices are no longer required with Deviceless Payments,” Williams added.
Today, more than 200 Epic clients representing 1000 locations derive extended value from their patient financial engagement and payment solutions with precisely integrated end-to-end solutions from RevSpring. RevSpring has announced eight applications available in the Epic App Market:
- RevSpring PersonaPay™ for staff Assisted Payments (version 2) that includes Deviceless Payments for Epic Open Credit Card Framework
- RevSpring Patient Payment Page version 2, to process and automatically post self-service patient payments
- IVR Advantage™ inbound call automation which is designed to provide a more seamless payment experience 24/7
- IVR Advantage™ outbound call automation, offering the ability to efficiently execute outbound communications and seamlessly update account notes for patients
- Talksoft® Appointment Reminders, which provides integrated appointment reminders and other important pre-service broadcast and 1:1 messages to prepare patients for appointments
- RevSpring PersonaPay™ Payment Portal for patient self-service embedded into MyChart
- RevSpring mySecureBill™ payment portal
- RevSpring Credit Card EMV Device Integration, which enables secure payments on EMV and P2PE compliant devices
RevSpring leads the market in engagement and payment solutions that inspire patients to participate in and pay for their healthcare. The company has built the industry’s most comprehensive and impactful suite of patient engagement, OmniChannel communications and payment solutions backed by behavior analysis, propensity-to-pay scoring, contextual messaging, and user experience best practices. Using proprietary data analytics to tailor the engagement from preservice to post-service, RevSpring improves the patient experience and outcomes for providers and their patients. To learn more, visit revspringinc.com/healthcare.
Epic, Willow, MyChart, and App Orchard are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Systems Corporation.