NEW YORK, Nov. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- According to RF Safe, parents should reconsider giving young children a smartphone for Christmas. Cell phones use radio frequency radiation (RFR) to transmit signals. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) nominated a very important RFR study to the National Toxicology Program (NTP), due to widespread human exposure and limited information about the potential health effects of long-term use of cell phones.
What did the most recent NTP studies prove about cell phones and cancer?
The NIH/NTP Website updated on Nov. 9, 2018, has released final reports from the rat and mouse studies, and a newly updated new fact sheet..
NTP studies found that exposure to radio frequency radiation, similar to what is used by 100's of millions of consumers on 3G cell phones and networks, was associated with:
- Clear evidence of tumors in the hearts of male rats.
The tumors were malignant schwannomas.
- Some evidence of tumors in the brains of male rats.
The tumors were malignant gliomas.
- Some evidence of tumors in the adrenal glands of male rats.
The tumors were pheochromocytomas.
The conclusions were based on the NTP four categories of evidence that a substance may cause cancer.
- Clear evidence (highest)
- Some evidence
- Equivocal evidence
- No evidence (lowest)
"An important lesson that should be learned from this is we can no longer assume any current or future wireless technology is safe." Ronald Melnick, PhD, who led the design of the NTP study in his 28-year career as a scientist at the National Toxicology Program and is currently senior advisor to Environmental Health Trust (EHT), stated, "The NTP studies in experimental animals were designed to test the long-held assumption that radio frequency radiation at seemingly 'low' non-thermal exposure intensities could not cause harmful health effects. It failed the test. Cell phone radiation clearly caused cancer in these animals."
"This animal evidence, together with the extensive human evidence, coupled with the rising incidence of brain cancers in young people in the U.S., conclusively confirms that radio frequency radiation is a Category 1 human carcinogen," explains Anthony Miller MD, University of Toronto Dalla Lana School of Public Health Professor Emeritus
The United States owes its citizens better," stated Devra Davis, PhD, MPH, Visiting Professor of Medicine at Hebrew University and President of Environmental Health Trust. "We would not give children cigarettes and alcohol. Why are we giving them devices that increase their risk of cancer years later?"
According to RF Safe, the world's premier provider of cell phone radiation safety accessories. Consumers shopping for a Smartphone deal over the 2018 Black Friday and Cyber Monday holiday season can greatly reduce cell phone radiation exposure easily by following these recommendations and tips:
1) Instead of holding a cell phone up to the ear during phone calls, use the speakerphone function
2) When privacy is needed use an Air-tube headset instead of a wired earbud or Bluetooth headset
3) Text or video call instead of talking (Do not, of course, text while you are driving!)
4) Keep your cell phone conversations as short as possible
5) Do not carry your cell phone in your pants pocket or bra - use an Anti-radiation cell phone case or RF shielded Apparel
6) Do not sleep with your cell phone or tablet on or under your pillow (Even if you're not talking on your phone, it's still transmitting radiation if it's on and connected to a network.)
ABOUT RADIO FREQUENCY SAFE – CELL PHONE RADIATION SAFETY
RF SAFE is a world-leading provider of cell phone radiation protection accessories and informational safety data. Since 1998 RF (Radio Frequency) Safe has been dedicated to evolving the wireless industries safety standards, by engaging in the business of design, testing, manufacture, and sale of safety technologies to mitigate harmful effects of cell phone radiation
SOURCE RF Safe