“We designed this platform from the ground up with IT compliance and information security in mind” says Paul Larson, VP of Engineering Services for RFT.
BROOKFIELD, Wis. (PRWEB) June 07, 2019
RF Technologies (RFT), a leading provider of wireless safety and security solutions for healthcare, hospitality and education, has recently announced an innovative change to its hospital product lineup — a brand new Enterprise software platform aimed at enhancing ease of use for staff, creating more efficient clinical workflow, and improving the overall user experience, all while also providing the most secure platform in its class.
The new SAFE PLACE® Enterprise software manages the company's most popular hospital products, including Infant Security, Pediatric Security, and Elopement Management Solutions, on a single platform.
The new platform provides the following enhancements for clinical staff:
- User Friendly – The modern, intuitive user interface is easy to learn and use, streamlined to help staff perform actions quickly.
- Workflow Efficiency – All system actions are initiated directly from the patient record with status badges differentiated by color. No need to open multiple records.
- Improved Alarm Management – Re-designed alarm workflows provide greater flexibility to help minimize procedural errors and nuisance alarms.
- Designed for Mobile – Native smartphone mode requires no ‘app’ to run. Staff on the move can now perform actions and event classification at the point of care.
In addition to significant usability improvements, the new platform contains several technical advancements. “We designed this platform from the ground up with IT compliance and information security in mind” says Paul Larson, VP of Engineering Services for RFT. These improvements include:
- Secure Communications – Software requires strong passwords and uses HTTPS SSL/TLS encryption for web browser-based server-client communication.
- Enhanced Reliability/Stability – fully encrypted standard SQL databases with automated nightly system backups.
- Modern Architecture – Built on the Microsoft .NET Framework with no Java or Adobe Flash dependency.
- Up to Date OS – runs on the Windows Server 2016 OS.
The Safe Place Enterprise software platform is launching at 2019 AWHONN Annual Convention and will begin shipping in the 3rd quarter of 2019.
About RF Technologies
RF Technologies is a leading provider of safety and security solutions for the healthcare, hospitality, and education markets, leveraging radio frequency identification (RFID) and real-time locating system (RTLS) technologies. The RF Technologies brand family includes CODE ALERT® call and wander management systems, SAFE PLACE® patient security systems, SENSATEC® fall management products, HELP ALERT® staff duress systems, and EXACTRACK® equipment location systems. With more than 10,000 installations, RFT was the first in the industry to offer remote monitoring, RF consulting, 24/7 technical support by internal staff specialists, and a nationwide service team.