This is a lighter, shorter tour than our annual Modern Home Tour, but the principle is the same: come see these amazing spaces. Meet the designers and builders that created them. Get ideas and find inspiration for your own outdoor living space.
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) May 31, 2019
While Austin lends itself to residents enjoying time outdoors all year around, it’s the spring and early summer months that make outdoor living in central Texas the reason so many live here.
The new Austin Outdoor Living Tour celebrates the outdoor spaces Austin residents enjoy year-round – right in their own backyards. Organized and hosted by the Modern Architecture + Design Society (the group behind the annual Austin Modern Home Tour), this summer tour gives landscape architects and designers the unique opportunity to showcase their skill and talent to the community in which they work. In turn, the self-guided tour gives the community a rare chance to explore some amazing outdoor spaces in their area, while asking questions and engaging the minds behind the design.
“This is a lighter, shorter tour than our annual Modern Home Tour,” says James Leasure, founder of the Modern Architecture + Design Society. “But the principle is the same: come see these amazing spaces. Meet the designers and builders that created them. Get ideas and find inspiration for your own outdoor living space.”
Participants and neighborhoods featured on the 2019 Austin Outdoor Living Tour include:
- The personal home of one of Barley|Pfeiffer Architecture’s principal architects, located in Tarrytown, with landscaping by Austin Outdoor Design
- The living space and outdoor studio of ECOTOPES’ design principal’s home in the Northwest Hills
- A full property design and installation, designed by Open Envelope Studio, that serves a full family in Rollingwood
- A neglected landscape turned into a hidden oasis by B. Jane Gardens, located in Brentwood
- A challenging corner lot in Tarrytown that features a front-yard pool, designed Jeff Neal Design
- An East Austin “typical builder grade home” that has been significantly transformed and personalized by Moontower
- A third Tarrytown project - a backyard oasis showcasing love of outdoor living, designed by Austin Outdoor Design
- An outdoor space designed by Mark Odom Studio in Austin Lake Estates that fulfills many roles for the family
- A second project in Brentwood, this one designed by Native Edge Landscape, that maximizes a small space
- A second Native Edge Landscape home, located in Travis Heights, that mimics the fun of downtown bars and patios
Participants on the 2019 Austin Outdoor Living Tour will open their spaces for viewing from 11AM – 4PM on Saturday, June 22, 2019. Tickets are just $25. Ages 10 & Up are invited to attend.
Further details on participants and tickets can be found at http://mads.media/austinoutdoor2019.
About the Modern Architecture + Design Society: Based in Austin, Texas, the Modern Architecture + Design Society was founded was founded by James Leasure in 2010 as Modern Home Tours, to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative self-guided home tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, the MA+DS Home Tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!