On a footballer with whom he would want to have a boxing match, Ferdinand said, "Wayne Rooney. He used to box when he was younger so it would be a good challenge."
MIAMI (PRWEB) May 01, 2020
A goal was scored by Haute Time as we welcomed the English football legend Rio Ferdinand for a chat about the “Beautiful Game” and quarantine days. He was joined by the timekeeping icon, and CEO of MLG Group, Rick de la Croix.
The webinar was hosted by Haute Living Co-founder Seth Semilof. Watch it here: https://www.hautetime.com/webinar-rick-de-la-croix-rio-ferdinand/96918/
Ferdinand played as a center-back and is now a television reporter for BT Sport. He played 81 times for the English national team (several wearing the Captain’s band) between 1997 and 2011 and was a member of three FIFA World Cup squads. While playing for Manchester United, he won six Premier League titles, as well as the UEFA Champions League in 2008.
De la Croix has been one of the main reasons for the ascent of Swiss watchmaker Hublot into the top echelon of timekeeping, having been behind several of the brand’s key partnerships, including those World Boxing Council, Depeche Mode, Pelé, and reggaeton star Nicky Jam. He is also an entrepreneur.
The talk with the two entrepreneurs included topics such as the effects that the pandemic has had on different continents, countries and their economies; the watch industry’s current standing around the world; Ferdinand’s top football career moments; their individual entrepreneurial endeavors, and more.
Highlight quotes from Rio Ferdinand:
- "My wife and I are juggling our own work with school life, which can be very testing with three kids with three different schedules."
- "If we have another three weeks of this (quarantine), it’s not going to kill you. It will get you closer as a family."
- "In 2008, we won the Premier League, the UEFA Champions League,” among others. “We felt unbeatable. There are not that many times in life where you feel that no one in the other team can get past you. The feeling doesn’t stay forever and doesn’t stay for too long, but you tell yourself to enjoy that moment."
- "Wayne Rooney. He used to box when he was younger so it would be a good challenge," he said, on a footballer with whom he would want to have a boxing match.
- "I'm part of a football agency managing company. We are doing video conferences with players and clients to make sure that people feel connected. We are shaping the team for when we eventually come out of this period."
- "Amplify is a platform where professionals in the health and well-being space can build their business out from it. The platform can quickly scale their business from having a 30-40 client base to hundreds."