“Companies in every industry around the world are wrestling with how to accelerate their business transformation and infrastructure modernization initiatives. The RSTOR Transporter solution addresses these issues, putting mission-critical data back under the control of business leaders.”
SARATOGA, Calif. (PRWEB) September 09, 2020
RSTOR, provider of a true software defined cloud platform, today announced the availability of RSTOR Transporter, a SaaS solution that solves the complexity and unpredictability of moving data between on-premises data centers, private-cloud and public-cloud environments. RSTOR Transporter enables automated data synchronization across infrastructures and serves as a foundation for any multi-cloud virtualization strategy.
“Companies in every industry around the world are wrestling with how to accelerate their business transformation and infrastructure modernization initiatives,” said Giovanni Coglitore, founder and CEO of RSTOR.
“These efforts, however, are hampered by the complexity of moving data from data centers to the cloud, between clouds and even between regions of clouds. The RSTOR Transporter solution announced today addresses these issues, putting mission-critical data back under the control of business leaders,” he added.
...Visibility and Control for On-Premises and Cloud Infrastructures
RSTOR Transporter is an agnostic platform that provides a universal solution for moving data to and from the major cloud players -- like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform -- and any S3 addressable storage system. The solution leverages the direct connections and private backbone that RSTOR has established with cloud providers to reduce expensive data egress fees and accelerate data movement.
Currently specialized IT staff is needed for data movement between clouds. Special skills are required for writing custom scripts or complex command line interfaces to spin up compute nodes and handle migrations. Alternatively, organizations would use their legacy storage to act as a download cache. In these situations, there is no queue management, limited logging or auditing. If a job or connection fails, there is no automated restart.
RSTOR Transporter changes all of that with a simple web interface that allows any data manager, not just IT staff, to select their source bucket, destination bucket and then schedule a data transfer. RSTOR Transporter handles all queue management, reporting, and logging. If a job is partially complete, RSTOR Transporter will automatically restart the process to capture lost packets until it can verify all content was successfully moved. It is a fully automated solution that has already transferred billions of objects and thousands of terabytes of data for early customers without losing a single bit of data. The low-code technology that allows enterprise staff -- across a broad range of skill sets -- to operate and execute the management of data in heterogeneous enterprise computing environments.
The solution also offers enterprise technology leaders the option of maintaining a real-time copy of data flowing through RSTOR Transporter within RSTOR Space – RSTOR’s own S3 compliant object storage platform. Data stored in RSTOR Space is free from egress charges, data access charges, data movement or API charges. In addition to introducing an invaluable new tool for ensuring business continuity and resilience, this feature of RSTOR Transporter opens the door to supporting data-driven decision making based on access to all enterprise data.
“RSTOR Transporter is an intelligent automated service that removes friction from data mobility in today’s hybrid, multi-cloud infrastructures. This reduces the need for manual human intervention that requires expensive professional services providers to support the integration of business transformation initiatives. In so doing, organizations that deploy RSTOR Transporter can save millions in time, money and human resources,” said RSTOR Chief Technology Officer, Tony Gaughan.
Key value propositions provided by RSTOR Transporter service include:
- Inter-Cloud or Intra Cloud Transfers of any Size – RSTOR Transporter supports the movement of up to billions of objects and petabytes of data between any major cloud service provider or other storage resource supporting S3 protocols.
- Simple Graphical User Interface – RSTOR Transporter does not require special knowledge or IT skills to launch jobs or monitor progress on transfers. There is no need to create custom code to move data. Advanced users can extend and add custom capabilities through RSTOR’s application program interfaces (APIs).
- Transparency/Visibility – RSTOR Transporter serves as a both a prism and a vehicle through which all enterprise data can pass to reach its operational point of destination in on-prem, private-cloud and public-cloud environments.
- Control – RSTOR Transporter puts the enterprise in charge of how, when and where data is moved from one infrastructure resource to another.
- Continuous Operation – RSTOR Transporter is always on and in a position to immediately transfer data in real-time or near real-time.
- Resilience – RSTOR Transporter delivers business continuity and disaster recovery (BC/DR) and enables agile resilience by removing single points of failure that can cause data to be lost -- or locked -- in any given environment. If a disruption occurs, RSTOR Transporter will automatically restart jobs -- or partial jobs -- until the task is complete.
- Speed and Stability – This is enabled by RSTOR’s own backbone mesh network and multiple connections in and out of major cloud providers. It allows quick and efficient data mobility in a hybrid, multi-cloud environment
- “Keep a Copy on RSTOR” – Optional check box feature automatically replicates a copy of RSTOR Transporter transfers into RSTOR Space, RSTOR’s own distributed object storage service. Data stored in RSTOR Space is free from any charges for data access, ingress, egress or movement.
- Logging & Reporting – All Transporter jobs include comprehensive reporting for audit purposes
RSTOR empowers customers with a true ‘software defined cloud’ built for the secure, performant edge. Built by a founding team steeped in innovation in enterprise infrastructure, RSTOR equips customers with a single, integrated platform that eliminates variable costs, vendor lock-in, and regionality, while offering the flexibility of using multiple cloud service providers without additional fees. For more information, visit RSTOR.io.