"In an effort to protect the health of our environment, the Environmental Excellence in Transportation Award recognizes those in the industry who continuously invent solutions to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions." Jack Pokrzywa, Director of Global Ground Vehicle Standards, SAE International
WARRENDALE, Pa. (PRWEB) April 22, 2020
In honor of Earth Day, SAE International announced the winners of its Environmental Excellence in Transportation Award. This award showcases the work of individuals and teams who through their ingenuity and dedication have made significant innovations in reducing the environmental impact caused by the transportation industry. The four categories of the award include Public Awareness, Mobile Energy and Emissions, New Methods and Tools, and Materials Development and Usage.
“Transportation plays a crucial role for our communities to thrive, yet it has also become one of the largest pollutants. In an effort to protect the health of our environment, the Environmental Excellence in Transportation Award recognizes those in the industry who continuously invent solutions to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions,” said Jack Pokrzywa, Director of Global Ground Vehicle Standards, SAE International. “As mobility evolves, it is critical for the transportation industry to develop new technologies to meet the growing demand to reduce our carbon footprint.”
Awardees demonstrated innovative achievement, favorable environmental impact, widespread applicability and no transfer of environmental burdens.
The winners of the 2020 SAE Environmental Excellence in Transportation are:
“Education, Training and Public Awareness” category: “10.1 Mile per Gallon Run on Less Class 8 Truck Efficiency Demonstration”
- James Brown, video producer and director, James Brown Media
- Jessie Lund, senior associate, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Yunsu Park, director of engineering North American Council for Freight Efficiency
- Michael Roeth, executive director, North American Council for Freight Efficiency
- Denise Rondini, communications director, North American Council for Freight Efficiency
- David Schaller, industry engagement director, North American Council for Freight Efficiency
“Mobile Energy and Emissions” category: “A Greener Auto Air Conditioner to Save the World”
- Dr. Stephen Andersen, director of research, IGSD
- Maneesh Arora, deputy general manager, Body and Trims, TATA Motors Ltd.
- Dr. Sourav Chowdhury, senior product engineer, Mahle Pre-development, BU3 Thermal Division, MAHLE Behr USA Inc.
- Tim Craig, principal, Melrose Technologies LLC
- Sangeet Hari Kapoor, general manager, Climate Control, TATA Motors Ltd.
- Lindsey Leitzel, senior project engineer, MAHLE Behr Troy Inc., Thermal Pre-Development (TDDN)
- Jagvendra Meena, senior manager, Climate Control, TATA Motors Ltd.
- Prasanna Nagarhalli, deputy general manager, Climate Control, TATA Motors Ltd.
- Nancy J. Sherman, Ph.D., director of technical assessment, IGSD
“New Methods and Tools” category: “Development of Fractional Cabin Air Recirculation System, Standard Testing Method for Vehicle Cabin Air Quality, and Cabin Air Quality Index”
- Mike Grady, student, University of California, Riverside
- Kent Johnson, Ph.D., associate research engineer, University of California, Riverside
- Heejung Jung, Ph.D., professor, University of California, Riverside
- Chengguo Li, Ph.D., staff research associate, University of California, Riverside
- Art Miller, Ph.D., senior scientist, CDC/NIOSH
- Nick Molden, founder & CEO, EMISSIONS ANALYTICS
- Liem Pham, Ph.D., graduate research assistant, University of California, Riverside
“Materials Development and Usage” category: “Collaborative Development of Environmentally Friendly Alternatives for Aerospace Applications”
- Olivier Brucelle, Ph.D., fellow and head of Materials and Processes, Mechanical Systems, Collins Aerospace
- Claude J. Moreau, program manager, Global REACH, Collins Aerospace
- Roque Panza-Giosa, Ph.D., fellow, Materials and Process Technology, Mechanical Systems, Collins Aerospace
- Steven Poteet, manager Materials R&D, Coatings, Collins Aerospace
- Vijay V. Pujar, Ph.D., fellow, Materials and Processes, Research and Technology- Aerostructures, Collins Aerospace
- Blair Smith, fellow, materials engineering, Metal Finishing/Design for EH&S, Collins Aerospace
- Eric Veizaga, PDT lead, Green Technologies, R&T Engineering – Aerostructures, Collins Aerospace
To learn more about the about the award, visit https://www.sae.org/participate/awards
About SAE International
SAE International is a global association committed to advancing mobility knowledge and solutions for the benefit of humanity. By engaging nearly 200,000 engineers, technical experts and volunteers, we connect and educate mobility professionals to enable safe, clean, and accessible mobility solutions. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including award-winning programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™. More at http://www.sae.org.