WARRENDALE, Pa. (PRWEB) April 20, 2020
To support the aviation industry in supplying medical aid to health care facilities during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, SAE International is providing access at no cost to a set of standards for the carriage of cargo in airplanes
The SAE standards available on SAE MOBILUS® include specifications and recommended practices for the loading and transportation of cargo on aircraft that can support medical flights and the transport of urgently needed medical supplies between countries.
1. Cargo Restraint Straps – Utilization Guidelines ARP5595B
2. Air Cargo Pallets – Utilization Guidelines ARP5486
3. Air Cargo Unit Load Devices – Reference Documents AIR36105B
4. Air Cargo Unit Load Devices – Load Distribution Model AS36101A
5. Cargo Shoring Guidelines ARP5596B
6. Air Cargo Pallet Extensions AS1988B
7. Air Cargo Pallets and Nets Compatibility ARP36104A
8. Methodology of Calculating Aircraft Cargo Volumes AS1825C
As the public health crisis continues to unfold and passenger airlines outfit their cabins to meet the growing need for the transportation of supplies, adhering to the correct specifications is imperative to ensure the safe and timely delivery of life saving materials.
To access and download the SAE standards, visit: https://saemobilus.sae.org/help/covid-19/.
About SAE International
SAE International is a global association committed to advancing mobility knowledge and solutions for the benefit of humanity. By engaging nearly 200,000 engineers, technical experts and volunteers, we connect and educate mobility professionals to enable safe, clean, and accessible mobility solutions. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including award-winning programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™. More at http://www.sae.org.