WARRENDALE, Pa. (PRWEB) September 03, 2020
SAE ITC and ARINC Industry Activities (IA) invite commercial air transport professionals to join the virtual Airlines Electronic Engineering Committee (AEEC) Data Link Users Forum (DLUF) will be held on September 14-15, 2020.
The international DLUF continues the dialogue among Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) and airlines relative to the datalink services to be provided in designated airspace and the introduction schedule of these services.
The topics scheduled for discussion this year include:
- European Data Link Services (DLS) Performance, Mandates and Exemptions
- FAA Data Comm Program Performance; Initial En Route Status
- Datalink Service Providers (DSP) Report – Deployment and Improvement Plans
- Inmarsat SwiftBroadband (SBB) and Iridium Certus Satellite Communication (Satcom) Programs and Plans
The DLUF gathers leading industry experts from airlines and cargo carriers, aircraft manufacturers, avionics manufacturers, ANSPs and data link service providers for an open discussion on the technical issues impacting the entire industry with the goal of driving issue resolution. Attendees also can coordinate among airlines, civil aviation authorities and ATS providers on the direction, equipment requirements and schedule of new ATS data link programs.
Attendees of the DLUF have the opportunity to:
- Receive an update on Global Controller-Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC) programs and mandates
- Proactively prepare for equipage installation and certification
- Identify and resolve operational issues
- Improve system reliability while reducing costs
- Identify system enhancements and future air-ground communication systems
- Promote interoperability among various AOC and ATS service providers
- Coordinate ATS applications and procedures for worldwide operations
- Provide feedback on the use of the ARINC Standards
As part of the DLUF program, attendees evaluate a rational progression from the legacy air-ground communications systems to the more capable air-ground communication systems as they are identified to support both Aeronautical Operational Control (AOC) and ATS applications. The forum affords both airspace users and ATS service providers an opportunity to coordinate datalink applications, ranging from exchanging operational experience to harmonizing procedures to identifying problems or opportunities that enhance system performance. Ultimately, the DLUF helps establish and promote consistency among the services offered by ATS providers.
The forum features an international group of presenters from the Federal Aviation Administration, Eurocontrol Network Manager, SESAR Deployment Manager, Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, Collins Aerospace IMS and SITAONAIR, among other expected industry peers.
Additional information on the DLUF is available at: https://www.aviation-ia.com/events/data-link-dlk-users-forum.
- For general questions about the DLUF technical program, contact José Godoy at email@example.com.
- For questions about ARINC IA membership, contact Vanessa Mastros at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARINC Industry Activities (ARINC IA) (http://www.aviation-ia.com) is an SAE ITC (Industry Technologies Consortia) program ,consisting of AEEC, AMC, and FSEMC, to establish consensus aeronautical technical standards, known globally as ARINC Standards, and develop shared technical solutions that no one organization could accomplish independently.
SAE Industry Technologies Consortia (SAE ITC®) is an affiliate of SAE International. The SAE ITC team specializes in establishing and managing consortia by providing proven processes, tools and resources. ITC enables public, private, academic and government organizations to connect and collaborate in neutral, pre-competitive forums thus empowering the setting and implementation of strategic business improvements in highly engineered industries globally. (http://www.sae-itc.com)