Balluff's New Mobile Handheld Scanners Add Flexibility to Traceability Tasks
FLORENCE, Ky., Oct. 23, 2023 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- The new wireless handheld RFID scanner from Balluff delivers the benefit of reading/writing RFID tags – using LF, HF, or UHF frequencies – as well as 1D/2D barcode reading and an NFC antenna in the familiar shape of a smartphone device.
Users can choose from three base units and a variety of read/write heads and antennas. This modular design allows users to build a handheld scanner to meet their specific application requirements:
Choose a base unit from three variants:
- With 1D / 2D barcode scanner, camera & NFC antenna (13.56 MHz)
- With 1D / 2D barcode scanner & camera, but without NFC
- Without barcode scanner, camera, or NFC
For LF and HF
Choose a plug-in antenna module:
- BIS C version for LF (70/455 kHz)
- BIS M/L version for HF (13.56 MHz and 125 kHz)
Choose a read/write head from Balluff's portfolio:
- Size selection: M30, M18 and M12 or special sizes
- Industry ISO15693 and ISO14443 standard
Choose a UHF read/write module with a built-in read/write head:
- Variants for EU (865 - 868 MHz) and US (902 - 928 MHz) frequency ranges
- Components comply with the global ISO 18000-6C and EPC Gen2 Class1 standards
The NFC-capable devices can read some tags without needing any RFID antenna.
The devices run on the Android operating system, have a 5-inch touchscreen color display, and come with a built-in app that can be used right out of the box or configured to meet specific requirements. Balluff provides the API and all the hooks needed for an in-house designed application. They are charged using a charging cradle which, along with spare batteries, are sold separately.
These new Balluff BIS V RFID handhelds provide a more flexible tool for manual processes including inventory and warehouse management, quality control, and service and maintenance work. And the swappable antennas allow them to be a complementary counterpart to any Balluff fixed RFID reader or scanner.
Learn more at https://www.balluff.com/en-us/news/rfid-handheld