KANSAS CITY, Mo. (PRWEB) August 20, 2019
Michael Gortenburg and Scott Asner, Founding Principals of Eighteen Capital Group (18CG), a real estate-centered private equity firm located in Leawood, Kansas, focused today on making a positive impact on future business leaders in advance of World Entrepreneurs’ Day (WED) by sharing their top five tips for entrepreneurs. WED will be celebrated on August 21 and was established to create awareness for leadership, entrepreneurship and innovation, and celebrates managers, producers, founders, innovators, administrators, and more.
Specifically, Asner and Gortenburg have outlined the following five key tips for the next generation of entrepreneurs and business leaders:
1. Take Incremental Steps to Achieve Your Goals: Although many believe that the world’s greatest entrepreneurs take huge risks, most actually take calculated incremental steps and risks – and regularly re-evaluate to ensure that success isn’t fleeting.
2. Don’t be Afraid to Ask for Help at Any Stage: Finding a trusted, experienced mentor is vital, whether you need immediate guidance or you’re looking for a long-term role model who can help guide your business.
3. Remember What You Do is More Important Than What You Say: One of the key rules in life is also critical in business. That is, actions always speak louder than words. Any business can say that they are the best, but they must demonstrate and follow through on their commitment to quality and success every day.
4. Expand Your Networking Circle: Make sure to network with clients and other people within your industry – including your competitors. Your competitors can become strategic partners and collaborate with you to ensure a positive impact on your business.
5. Always Take Time to Say Thank You: No one ever succeeds alone. Take time to write personal thank you notes and express your gratitude to employees, clients and vendors. And you don’t have to wait for the holidays to send gifts to those who truly went that extra mile to help you and your business.
“World Entrepreneurs’ Day is not only a time for personal reflection, but also provides an opportunity for us to give back to the community that has given us so much professionally and personally,” said Scott Asner. “Both locally here in the Kansas City area and beyond, Michael and I have long been committed to helping the next generation of entrepreneurs and leaders realize their dreams.”
“Without question, Scott and I would never have been successful at Eighteen Capital Group had we not been provided with guidance and support from other business leaders, mentors, and our internal team,” emphasized Michael Gortenburg. “Ultimately, every entrepreneur needs help along the way. Our goal is to ensure that we pay it forward – and make a lasting impact beyond our own business,” Gortenburg added.
About Scott Asner
Scott Asner is a longstanding Kansas City, MO investment manager and Founding Principal of Eighteen Capital Group (18CG). Earning his bachelor’s degree in economics at the University of Pennsylvania and his law degree at Stanford University, Scott practiced law for two decades before turning to the investment management sphere. As a Principal of 18CG, Scott specializes in diverse real estate investments and leads a core team of 25 employees from 18CG’s corporate headquarters in Leawood, Kansas. Scott oversees the private equity-financed acquisition of properties nationwide –more than 7,000 apartment units at 33 properties in 15 states. He is a long-term holder of most of these properties. For more information about Scott Asner, please visit http://www.scottasner.com.
About Michael Gortenburg
Michael Gortenburg is a Founding Principal of Eighteen Capital Group (18CG) and owner of more than 100 investment entities–a diverse portfolio focusing primarily on multifamily housing units. In addition to overseeing all corporate and individual property functions for 18CG, Michael is involved in a number of other operational businesses, such as digital media and software companies. For more information about Michael Gortenburg, please visit http://www.michaelgortenburg.com.