SEATTLE (PRWEB) November 13, 2020
SeattleCIO announced the winners of its 2020 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. SeattleCIO recognized chief information officers in seven key categories – Leadership, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Corporate, Healthcare, and Public Sector. The SeattleCIO of the Year Awards were presented virtually.
“The SeattleCIO ORBIE winners demonstrate the value great leadership creates. Especially in these uncertain times, CIOs are leading in unprecedented ways and enabling the largest work-from-home experiment in history,” according to Lindsey Estep, Executive Director of SeattleCIO. “The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers - CIOs who understand how difficult this job is and why great leadership matters.”
The 2020 Seattle CIO of the Year ORBIE Award winners are:
- Paul Moulton, EVP & CIO, Costco Wholesale received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- Sue Taylor, CIO, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Jenny Moshea, Director of Technology, Sellen Construction received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $500 million annual revenue.
- Chip Suttles, VP IT, Football NorthWest Inc. (aka Seattle Seahawks) received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $200 million annual revenue.
- Ravi Soin, VP IT & Operations, Edifecs Inc. received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $200 million annual revenue.
- Ellen Wiegand, VP & CIO, Virginia Mason Health System received the Healthcare ORBIE for hospital and healthcare organizations.
- Tanya Hannah, CIO, King County, WA received the Public Sector ORBIE for government & education organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 1,200 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 300 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The CIO Awards ceremony was keynoted by Jacky Wright, Corporate VP & CDO of Microsoft. Over 200 guests attended virtually, representing leading Seattle organizations and their technology partners.
The 2020 SeattleCIO of the Year Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Lumen & Pariveda
- Gold sponsors: Datastax
- Silver sponsors: Zscaler, EY, Akamai, ServiceNow, Rubrik & Darktrace
- Bronze sponsors: Accenture, Comcast Business, Slalom, Agiliant & Between Pixels
- Media partner: Puget Sound Business Journal
›› About the SeattleCIO
SeattleCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Seattle chief information officers. SeattleCIO is one of 17 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
SeattleCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.