NEW YORK (PRWEB) April 08, 2019
Sensio today announced the acceptance of the Brim 8 Cup Pour Over Coffee Maker into the Specialty Coffee Association’s (“SCA”) Certified Home Brewer Program. Designed to meet the SCA’s rigorous standards of quality and excellence, the 8 Cup Pour Over Coffee Maker distinguishes Brim as a purveyor of the highest quality coffee products.
Recognized as the world’s leader in coffee knowledge development for over 30 years, the SCA is dedicated to recognizing, developing and promoting specialty coffee by setting and maintaining quality standards for the industry. The Certified Home Brewer mark is the most rigorous brewer certification available, developed by coffee scientists and professional tasters to denote excellence in design and engineering. To receive the certification, the brewer must pass tests for proper water temperature, brewing time, uniformity of extraction and other attributes, administered by engineers in the highly respected and renowned coffee lab on-site at the University of California, Davis.
In addition to meeting the SCA Gold Cup standard, the Brim 8 Cup Pour Over Coffee Maker meets all key requirements of the Home Brewer certification as follows:
- Brewing Temperature: The machine maintains constant brew temperature of 197.6F to 204.8F for perfect extraction.
- Brewing Time: Achieves ideal contact time of water to coffee grounds (between four and eight minutes).
- Coffee Volume and Uniformity of Extraction: The machine’s shower head utilizes pulse brewing technology to evenly water the coffee bed within the required first minute of brewing, achieving the perfect bloom effortlessly. The volume of the brew basket (66 grams) is sized in proportion to the carafe’s maximum capacity.
- Beverage Preparation and Brew Strength: Meets the Gold Cup Standard of brewing, with extraction maintained at desired levels of between 18.0% and 22.0% for a resulting beverage strength (water to coffee ratio) of between 1.15% and 1.45% or 1.63 grams of coffee per 1 fluid ounce.
- Beverage Clarity: The machine’s permanent laser etched filter allows the essential coffee oils to pass through, resulting in smooth, full-bodied coffee with less than 75 milligrams of sediment per 100 milliliters of brewed coffee.
- Holding Receptacle and Temperature: Brim’s warming feature maintains the ideal temperature of no lower than 176F and no higher than 185F for 30 minutes after brewing is finished, maintaining integrity of taste.
“The Brim 8 Cup Pour Over Coffee Maker was thoughtfully designed to make craft pour over coffee that meets the SCA Gold Cup Standard,” said Maria Gagliardi, Director of Brand Management of Sensio, Inc. “We are thrilled to have this coffee maker accepted into the Certified Home Brewer Program and have its status solidified among a short list of superior coffee makers.”
Brim offers a collection of third wave coffee and espresso products for brewing craft coffee at home. Available now for purchase on Williams-Sonoma, HSN, Macy's and Best Buy websites, the Brim 8 Cup Pour Over Coffee Maker (MSRP $179.99) will appear on the SCA’s blog and on the listing page of certified home brewers (http://www.sca.coffee).
For more information on the full range of Brim products, please visit http://www.brim.coffee.
About Sensio Inc.
Since its inception in 2003, Sensio Inc. has become a primary manufacturer of specialty kitchen appliances. The company is recognized for developing dynamic and innovative consumer products for their own brands including BELLA, BRIM, CRUX, Authentic Throwback Appliance Company, Sparia, JAWZ, Chef-Built as well as other licensed brands. With a strong commitment to design, innovation, quality and function, Sensio Inc. offers a wide range of products from coffee makers and blenders to entertaining novelty appliances such as popcorn makers, all of which are sold through major retailers nationwide. Sensio Inc. continues to conceptualize new and innovative ways to make everyday life in the kitchen easier. For more information, please visit http://www.SensioInc.com.
About the Specialty Coffee Association
The Specialty Coffee Association is a nonprofit, membership-based organization that represents thousands of coffee professionals, from producers to baristas all over the world. Built on foundations of openness, inclusivity, and the power of shared knowledge, we act as a unifying force within the specialty coffee industry – invested in creating a worldwide circle of like-minded professionals. For more information, please visit https://sca.coffee.