2019 is a banner year for SiFotonics transition from a technology development company to an industry leading high volume product solution provider. We are looking forward to continuing our fast-paced innovation and providing our customers with best-in-class product solutions"
WOBURN, Mass. (PRWEB) March 06, 2020
SiFotonics Technologies Co., Ltd, a pioneer and global leader in silicon photonics device and integrated circuits, today announced that it has shipped over 5 million Ge/Si optoelectronics devices in 2019, based on its proprietary silicon photonics platform.
Below is a list of products among the 5 Million Ge/Si based optoelectronic devices shipped for global customers:
- Industry temperature, high sensitivity 25Gbps PIN photodiodes for 5G front haul optical networking applications, primarily deployed in China
- Industry temperature, high sensitivity 25Gbps avalanche photodiode (APD) and receiver optical subassembly (ROSA) for longer reach 5G front haul optical networking applications, primarily in South Korea and China
- 50Gbps PIN and APD for 5G mid-haul optical networking applications, primarily in China
- 4x25G PIN photodiode array for high volume 100G data center interconnect applications, primarily for US based hyper data center deployment
- 4x100G PIN photodiode array for next generation 400G data center optical interconnects
- 4x25G APD ROSA for extended reach 100G optical networking connection around the globe
- 32Gbaud and 64Gbaud integrated coherent receiver chip for 100G, 200G and 400G coherent optical transport applications
“We are very pleased that our team are able to meet strong demand for our advanced Ge/Si product solutions. These high volume shipments represent industry leading effort to deploy silicon photonics based products in high growth 5G and data center applications. We are able to meet stringent high reliability and environmentally harsh conditions required by 5G optical networking deployment, at high volume. We are also happy to announce that our production lines in our new Nanjing manufacturing facility have been qualified by customers and started shipping production volume products in 2019”,
commented by Dr. Rang-Chen Yu, Chief Operating Officer of SiFotonics.
“2019 is a banner year for SiFotonics transition from a technology development company to an industry leading high volume product solution provider. This is a culmination of over 10 years Ge/Si advanced technology development, with industry leading silicon photonics platforms with unique combination of commercial CMOS foundry and proprietary controlled germanium on silicon processes technologies. We are looking forward to continuing our fast-paced innovation and providing our customers with best-in-class product solutions”, further added by Dr. Dong Pan, founder and Chief Executive Officer of SiFotonics.
“SiFotonics advanced Ge/Si APD technology is one of the key components for our 5G wireless optical transceiver modules at 25Gb/s data rate. We are very pleased with SiFotonics’ industry leading performance, high quality and high volume shipment capabilities. With strong support of SiFotonics, OE Solutions has become the leading optical module suppliers for the world first 5G deployment in South Korea. We are looking forward to continuing close collaborations with SiFotonics on future technology and product development”, commented Dr. YK Park, Chief Executive Officer of OE Solutions, Inc.
About SiFotonics Technologies Ltd.
SiFotonics Technologies Co., Ltd. is a leading solution provider for ultra-high speed data center and 5G wireless optical networking applications with advanced silicon photonics components and integrated circuits. SiFotonics was established in 2007, has research and development centers in Beijing and Shanghai, and manufacturing facility in Nanjing, China. SiFotonics web site is http://www.sifotonics.com.
SiFotonics will be attending OFC Conference and Exhibition in San Diego, CA from March 8rd to 12th at booth # 5907. Dr. Dong Pan, SiFotonics CEO, will present a technical paper titled “106 Gb/s Normal-Incidence Ge/Si Avalanche Photodiode with High Sensitivity” on Monday, 2-4pm, Room 3.