“[Sigmetrix'] dedication to making quality, easy-to-use products for their customers makes them a great technology partner for providing the Creo EZ Tolerance Analysis Extension”- Brian Thompson, DVP and GM, CAD Segment, PTC
MCKINNEY, Texas (PRWEB) January 14, 2020
Sigmetrix, global experts in GD&T and mechanical variation, announced today the availability of the new Creo EZ Tolerance Analysis Extension within PTC’s Creo® 3D CAD software. It is currently available in both Creo 4.0 M110 and Creo 18.104.22.168.
“Companies are under ever-increasing pressure to improve quality, shorten time-to-market, and reduce product costs. To meet the challenge, engineers must focus on the details of the design using tolerance analysis tools to identify the critical part-level tolerances that will result in products that are easily assembled and perform as required. Often engineers want to perform quick 1D stack-ups on the fly while designing and we feel EZ Tolerance Analysis will help to fill that need for Creo users,” stated James Stoddard, President of Sigmetrix.
Creo EZ Tolerance Analysis Extension (EZTA) will enable engineers to more easily perform one dimensional tolerance stack-up analyses directly in the Creo environment. Key features of this new extension are:
- Modern UI, optimized to simplify definition
- Interactive visualization of tolerance loop
- Feature-based instead of dimension-based
- Easily selectable biasing of pin/hole joints
- Graphical display of results
- Easy identification of contributing tolerances using statistical and worst-case contribution
- Automatic creation of HTML report, which includes a comprehensive overview of all stackups defined as well as details for each stackup, including:
- image showing dimension loop
- detailed table showing all dimensions and tolerances
- graph of the results including quality metrics for statistically derived results
- graph of largest to smallest contributors to the overall variation
“PTC has partnered with Sigmetrix for over 20 years, and their dedication to making quality, easy-to-use products for their customers makes them a great technology partner for providing the Creo EZ Tolerance Analysis Extension,” stated Brian Thompson, DVP and GM, CAD Segment, PTC. “PTC continues to work with Sigmetrix to help provide the tools our customers need to optimize tolerance values during the design phase of their projects.”
Beginning with PTC Creo 7.0, the Tolerance Analysis Extension (TAE) will no longer be available and the new Creo EZ Tolerance Analysis Extension will be the only 1D tolerance analysis tool available within Creo. The remaining maintenance releases for the two versions of Creo that will contain EZ Tolerance Analysis, 4.0 M110 and 22.214.171.124, will contain both EZTA and TAE, enabling customers to migrate data from the old tool to the new one.
Creo EZ Tolerance Analysis Extension allows users to import analyses defined in TAE and present the results in the Summary Table and Report functions of Creo. Although Creo 126.96.36.199 will not contain TAE, any legacy TAE data within the CAD model files will still be importable into Creo EZ Tolerance Analysis Extension.
Sigmetrix is a provider of comprehensive, easy-to-use solutions that help users achieve robust designs through tolerance analysis and the correct application of GD&T. With 25+ years of R&D and consulting experience, they are global experts in GD&T and mechanical variation. They offer an array of software and training solutions including:
- CETOL 6σ, a 3D tolerance analysis solution that works with NX, SOLIDWORKS, PTC Creo and CATIA V5-6
- GD&T Advisor, an interactive tool that provides expert guidance on the correct application of GD&T
- Training on a variety of topics including GD&T, tolerance analysis, dimensional management and MBD / MBE
- Consulting and implementation services team with years of experience in tolerance analysis and GD&T definition offers a variety of consulting services to augment your team, speed your project along and run analyses for your assemblies
Sigmetrix is a global provider of comprehensive, easy-to-use software solutions that help users achieve robust designs through tolerance analysis and the correct application of GD&T. With over 25 years of research and development, Sigmetrix products eliminate the error between as-designed assemblies and as-produced products. For more information, visit their website at http://www.sigmetrix.com.
PTC and Creo are trademarks or registered trademarks of PTC Inc. and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.