WASHINGTON (PRWEB) December 03, 2018
SIIA, the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries, today opened the nomination period for the 2019 SIIA CODiE Awards. Applications, products and services from developers of educational software, digital content, online learning services and related technologies across the education sector are invited to apply.
The 2019 program features 32 education categories, several of which are new or updated to reflect the latest industry trends and business models. All entries also qualify for the top overall education solution, which is awarded to one product or solution at the Education Industry Summit on June 10-12, 2019 in San Francisco.
Each year, SIIA stakeholders, including past judges and Education Technology Industry Network (ETIN) board members, review the education technology categories to ensure the awards reflect the education technology ecosystem.
New and updated categories for 2019 are:
- Best Content Authoring Development or Curation Solution – Recognizes the best software solution designed for users to be able to create, modify, design, alter, combine, customize, curate multiple content sources and formats, and share digital content for effective and engaged learning in the PreK-20 learning areas.
- The Best Student Assessment Solution category has been divided into two separate categories, one recognizing the Best Formative Student Assessment Solution, and the other recognizing the Best Summative Student Assessment Solution.
- The Best Mathematics Instructional Solution category has been divided into two categories, one for grades PreK-8, and the other for grades 9-12 & higher education.
- The Best Reading/Writing/Literature Instructional Solution was also divided into two categories, one for grades PreK-8, and the other for grades 9-12 & Higher Education.
New in 2019, companies are invited to nominate for the Company CODiE Awards that celebrate excellence and achievement in the technology industry by honoring outstanding teams, individuals and firms for their accomplishments, leadership and commitment to the industry.
The complete list of categories includes:
- Best Administrative Solution
- Best Coding & Computational Think-ing Solution
- Best Collaborative Community Solution for Educators
- Best College & Career Readiness Solution
- Best Content Authoring Development or Curation Solution
- Best Corporate / Workforce Learning Management Solution
- Best Cross-Curricular Solution
- Best Data Solution
- Best Education Cloud-Based Solution
- Best Educational App
- Best Emerging Education Technology Solution for Administrators
- Best Emerging Instructional Technology Solution
- Best ESL, ELL or World Language Acquisition Solution
- Best Formative Student Assessment Solution
- Best Game-Based Curriculum Solution
- Best Higher Education Learning Management Solution (LMS)
- Best Instructional Solution in Non-Core Areas
- Best K-12 Learning Management Solution (LMS)
- Best Learning Capacity-Building Solution
- Best Mathematics Instructional Solution for Grades 9-12 & Higher Education
- Best Mathematics Instructional Solution for Grades PreK-8
- Best PreK / Early Childhood Learning Solution
- Best Professional Learning Solution for Faculty & Administrative Staff
- Best Reading/Writing/Literature Instructional Solution for Grades 9-12 & Higher Education
- Best Reading/Writing/Literature Instructional Solution for Grades PreK-8
- Best Science/STEM Instructional Solution
- Best Social Sciences or Social Studies Instructional Solution
- Best Solution for Exceptional Students
- Best Source for Library, Reference or Education Resources
- Best Summative Student Assessment Solution
- Best Tool for Student Creation or Expression
- Best Virtual Learning Solution
Nominate at siia.net/CODiE/nominate.
Educators and administrators are invited to apply to judge the CODiE Awards. Judges are responsible for reviewing assigned products, which determine the CODiE Awards finalists, and SIIA members then vote on the finalist products. The scores from both rounds are tabulated to select the winners.
About the CODiE Awards
The SIIA CODiE Awards is the only peer-reviewed program to showcase business and education technology’s finest products and services. Since 1986, thousands of products, services and solutions have been recognized for achieving excellence. For more information, visit siia.net/CODiE.
SIIA is an umbrella association representing 800+ technology, data and media companies glob-ally. Industry leaders work through SIIA’s divisions to address issues and challenges that impact their industry segments with the goal of driving innovation and growth for the industry and each member company. This is accomplished through in-person and online business development opportunities, peer networking, corporate education, intellectual property protection and government relations. For more information, visit siia.net.