"2020 was a year like no other. SmartTRAK's Analysts worked hard to help our subscribers make sense of the pandemic and its impact on their business. We, like many, are looking forward to a better 2021!" - Sharon O'Reilly, CEO and President of BioMedGPS.
IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) January 25, 2021
It was a challenging year for many in MedTech. With the world reeling from the global pandemic, many in the industry suffered the effects of shutdowns and a decline in elective procedures. With uncertainty hanging in the air for much of 2020, SmartTRAK’s team of Analysts jumped in to help subscribers navigate through the changing landscape and stay up-to-date on the latest breaking news. SmartTRAK is the leading provider of real-time market intelligence, analysis, and advisory services for the orthopedic, wound, regenerative medicine, and neuro therapies markets.
Here are SmartTRAK's top blog posts of 2020:
1. A Critical Crossroads for COVID-19: An Interview with Krishnan Chakravarthy by Anne Staylor, 3/23/20
Krishnan Chakravarthy, MD, PhD discusses the COVID-19 pandemic, current and evolving methods for containing and treating the virus, how it's changing the practice of pain medicine and its impact on industry in an interview with SmartTRAK.
2. Europe: New Routines in Greetings and in Wound Management by Anikó Szekér, 12/21/20
SmartTRAK examines the Top 5 countries in Europe during the time of COVID-19 and estimates how the Advanced Wound Dressing Market will be impacted in 2020 and 2021.
3. What's New in Spine and Orthopedic Computer-Assisted Surgery (CAS) by Elise Wolf, 11/24/20
SmartTRAK highlights what’s new in the Spine and Orthopedic Computer-Assisted Surgery (CAS) markets.
4. Elevating Stroke Care: An Interview with Imperative Care's Fred Khosravi by Anne Staylor, 10/5/20
With plans to become a stroke strategic, Imperative Care Chairman and CEO Fred Khosravi discusses elevating stroke care through technology and streamlined care in an interview with SmartTRAK.
5. Skin Substitutes (CTPs) Continue to Push Boundaries in Advanced Wound Care by Susan Paquette, 1/19/20
Despite the uncertainty of COVID-19, Skin Substitutes (CTPs) continue to push the boundaries in Advanced Wound Care with impressive clinical studies, new products and technologies, and changing market dynamics.
6. Swim with the Sharks: A Deep Dive in the Biologic Association Think Tank by Freddy Buntoum, 4/17/20
The Biologic Association kicked off its very 1st Summit (Feb 5-7, 2020 in Carlsbad, CA) with what turned out to be a big crowd-pleaser. Initially set up as a “by invitation only” attendance, the Summit’s opening program, “Biologic Association Think Tank” raised such a high level of interest that everyone in attendance was ultimately let into the session.
7. Smith & Nephew: What’s New in Ortho and Sports Medicine by Thomas Wallick, 11/9/20
SmartTRAK highlights what’s new in orthopedics and sports medicine, with a spotlight on Smith & Nephew (SNN).
8. Unwrapping the Market for Adjustable Compression Wraps by Terry Hayslett, 11/16/20
In recent years, leading manufacturers of static compression devices have expanded their product portfolios by investing in adjustable compression wraps (ACWs).
9. Stemless Humeral and Inlay Glenoid Implants: An Interview with Dr. Gregory Nicholson by Lisa Mahan, 4/13/20
New research shows excellent results for anatomic TSA using a stemless humeral component with an inlay glenoid. Dr. Gregory Nicholson gives the breakdown on the research, indications, market acceptance and limitations.
10. Issues in Medtech 2020: Recession, Taxes and Sterilization by Lisa Mahan, 1/31/20
The Orthopedic Market experienced healthy growth in H219, fueled by a strong Q319 in the face of difficult comps, with the usual fourth-quarter bump due to the seasonality of elective procedures. Looking ahead, several key issues have the potential to impact the US market in 2020.
11. Preventing Incisional Hernias: Mesh vs Better Surgical Skills by Doug Devens, 1/20/20
A panel session at ACS Clinical Congress 2019 examines the evidence behind currently proposed techniques to prevent incisional hernias after midline laparotomy closure, including the use of prophylactic mesh and small-bite 4:1 suture closure.
12. COVID-Era Consolidation in Spine by Julianne Burns, 8/20/29
The med device market downturn related to COVID-19 has led to a notable uptick in M&A activity across the board, with a number of acquisitions that will impact the Spine market.
13. 2020 ICRS Virtual Meeting Highlights - Strong Interest Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by Kim French, 11/23/20
During the month of October, the International Cartilage Regeneration & Joint Preservation Society (ICRS) hosted its first virtual convention, allowing stakeholders to come together to learn about the latest cartilage repair techniques, review recent clinical outcomes and explore new products via a virtual hall.
BioMedGPS, LLC is the developer of SmartTRAK Business Intelligence, the leading portal for real-time data and analysis on the life sciences industry. Known for expert analysis and innovative tools, SmartTRAK provides daily updates, strategic insights and in-depth analyses of wound care, orthopedics, regenerative medicine, and neuro therapies markets.