Between boosting the regional economy, investing in entrepreneurs, creating local jobs, and bringing people together, there are so many great reasons to Shop Small during the holidays and throughout the year.
CAMP HILL, Pa. (PRWEB) November 21, 2018
Smith Land & Improvement Corporation will celebrate Small Business Saturday with events for the whole family at the West Shore Plaza in Lemoyne and Neighbors & Smith in Camp Hill on Saturday, November 24.
“Between boosting the regional economy, investing in entrepreneurs, creating local jobs, and bringing people together, there are so many great reasons to Shop Small during the holidays and throughout the year,” says Richard E. Jordan III, President and CEO of Smith Land & Improvement Corporation and owner of the West Shore Plaza and Neighbors & Smith. “We hope these Small Business Saturday events make shopping with us memorable, simple, and fun.”
The West Shore Plaza is now in its sixth year as a designated “Neighborhood Champion” for Small Business Saturday. Join us there and at Neighbors & Smith for the following special events:
WEST SHORE PLAZA
10:30 AM — Macris Chocolates
Children of all ages and their families are invited to join Miss Pennsylvania Kayla Repasky for storytime and treats! Kayla will read a selection of Christmas stories, as well as her own children’s book, “Buddy and the Bully,” a story about bullying, friendship, and showing kindness to one another. “Buddy and the Bully” will be available for purchase with a special book signing by Kayla.
11:00 AM — Between JOANN Fabric and Ritter’s True Value
The holiday fun continues at 11:00 a.m. when Santa and Mrs. Claus come dashing by fire truck to visit with children, pets, and friends. Bring your list and snap a pic!
NEIGHBORS & SMITH
Christmas doesn’t stop for construction and Neighbors & Smith is open while building a beautiful new 40,000 SF site on Market Street in Camp Hill. At 12 noon, head down the street to Neighbors & Smith, central Pennsylvania’s newest retail and office destination. Learn DIY gift basket creations, get your party glam on, and enjoy festive cocktails.
12 NOON — One Good Woman
Create the Perfect Gift Basket for that special someone or for any occasion.
1:00 PM — Little Black Dress
Look Party Ready in 30 Minutes with Jasmine Brooks of WHP CBS 21 News and Kristen Campbell, personal stylist and owner of Threads of Hershey.
1:30 PM — Little Black Dress
Shake up your cocktail routine with Festive Cocktails by Elise Goodhart, VRAI Mixologist.
SEVEN SENSATIONAL REASONS TO SHOP SMALL WITH SMITH LAND & IMPROVEMENT CORPORATION:
1. Celebrating its ninth year, American Express’s Small Business Saturday helps advocate and raise awareness for the small businesses that enrich communities nationwide.
2. In 2017, 108 million shoppers spent $12.9 billion on Small Business Saturday at independently owned businesses, according to a Consumer Insights Survey produced by American Express and the National Federation of Independent Business.
3. There are almost 1 million small businesses in Pennsylvania and Smith Land & Improvement Corporation is a magnet for small and women-owned businesses.
4. If you spend $100 at a local business, roughly $68 stays in your local economy. If you spend the same at a larger business, only $43 stays in the local economy, according to Forbes.
5. There are 28.8 million small businesses in the country, and small business accounts for 99.7% of all businesses in the U.S., according to the U.S. Small Business Administration.
6. Franchised small businesses employ roughly 8 million people and comprise 40% of all American retail jobs, according to the U.S. Small Business Administration.
7. Small businesses donate 250% more than larger businesses to non-profits and community causes, according to Seattle Good Business Network.
ABOUT WEST SHORE PLAZA
Celebrating 63 years of retail services to the community, this landmark center sits on two high-traffic corridors connecting Harrisburg to the West Shore. With an attractive façade, easy access, and a striking digital sign, the West Shore Plaza continues to maintain high shopper volume and be a recognized shopping destination. A treasured community asset, the 23-store property featuring local and national retailers as well as family businesses, champions bringing people together with special events like the Wicked Spooky Party and Healthy Neighbors Fest. Visit West Shore Plaza on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
ABOUT NEIGHBORS & SMITH
Camp Hill’s newest premier retail and office development in central Pennsylvania is home to some of the most vibrant small businesses in the region. Founded in Spring 2018, buildout of the 40,000 SF facility is in progress and Phase 1 is expected to be completed in Summer 2019. All shops and offices remain open during construction. Visit Neighbors & Smith on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
ABOUT SMITH LAND & IMPROVEMENT CORPORATION
Founded in 1961, the company has a 56-year history of responsible and responsive commercial real estate development and land ownership. With a portfolio of nearly 50 properties and over 1 million SF throughout the Mid-Atlantic, the Smith Land team has chosen to concentrate 80 percent of its real estate investments in their own “front yard” of central Pennsylvania. When Smith Land & Improvement Corporation is the developer, business owners and investors can expect a productive working relationship, high-caliber site selection, and easy access to business expansion.