Discover Lehigh Valley® welcomes travelers to enjoy the sights, sounds and experiences Lehigh Valley has to offer this season
LEHIGH VALLEY, Pa, June 2, 2023 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- As summer kicks into high gear, Lehigh Valley, PA presents an unparalleled array of activities and events tailor-made for friends and families of all ages. From gliding through picturesque waterways to dancing to the tunes of world-class musicians at captivating summer concerts and indulging in thrilling adventures at top-notch entertainment and amusement attractions, Lehigh Valley promises moments of exhilaration, joy, and unforgettable experiences.
Discover Lehigh Valley®, a nonprofit organization committed to promoting and enhancing tourism in Lehigh and Northampton counties, is sharing all the ways to ensure your summer is filled to the brim this season.
"Lehigh Valley is a must-visit destination for summer fun, offering unrivaled attractions that entice travelers year after year," said Alex Michaels, President & CEO of Discover Lehigh Valley. "Our location is convenient for both quick road trips and more extended stays, giving both first-time visitors and returning travelers the opportunity to explore this fantastic region and its many attractions at their own pace."
Create a summer getaway with these Discover Lehigh Valley recommendations:
- The highly-anticipated return of Muskiest is finally here! This will be the 40th anniversary of the summer event many look forward to all year long. Visitors will enjoy 10 consecutive days of incredible music and fun activities for all ages. Headliners include AJR, Dan + Shay, G-Eazy, Train, Goo Goo Dolls and Walker Hayes among many others!
- Join members of the community and beyond as we celebrate Juneteenth in the Lehigh Valley. Beginning June 11, Lehigh Valley will host a weeklong celebration across Bethlehem, Easton, and Allentown. Some events will include flag raising ceremonies, food experiences, art, music, and much more.
- Take a memorable trip through history and experience Fashion as Experiment: The '60s. Explore how past generations used clothing as a space for both play and protest during this era. If you, friends or loved ones are history enthusiasts, experiencing the eighty garments and accessories from the Museum's collection will have you enthralled!
- Listen, laugh, and get loud at Lehigh Valley's Free Summer Music Series! Experience Rock the Walk every Thursday at ArtsWalk Pocket Park, The Patio at The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley every Wednesday, or Levitt Pavilion Summer Concert Series most weekends through September.
- Zip and zoom your way to the Gran Fondo Spring Classic! Riders will travel along the 18 mile course, and will start and finish at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center in Trexlertown. Attendees family members are invited to celebrate at their signature Gran Fondo Hincapie Family Festival inside the Velodrome!
- Ingrain yourself in the culture and cuisine of the region's vast Latino population at the ¡Sabor! Latin Festival. Between June 23 - 25, enjoy Puerto Rican inspired tunes, internationally acclaimed percussionists, and progressive rock bands. Bring the kids along as the fiesta will offer arts and craft options!
- Trade in the winter blues for Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites' Blueberry Festival & Market at the Burnside Plantation in Bethlehem! Browse a multitude of vendors featuring blueberry inspired pastries, jams, coffee, and more; blueberry inspired brews and spirits; and live entertainment!
- What's better than a summer barbecue accompanied by beats and brews? Hit the streets of downtown Allentown and experience the Blues, Brews, and Barbecue festival. From noon – 10 p.m. on June 24, over 20,000 visitors will travel to experience the annual festival with friends and family.
- Kids will scream and shout when they hear the Great Allentown Fair is coming to town! Event goers can spend time enjoying rides, playing games, and watching musical performances. This event is more than an opportunity for local residents and out of town visitors to enjoy the sights and sounds the fair will offer, but it also supports the achievements of local farmers, gardeners and homemakers.
- Experience Friday nights like never before at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center! Racing at TTown has been a tradition in the Valley since 1975 and has continued to offer its spectators a quality experience for an affordable price.
- Enjoy a night out at the theater and experience the Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival! This is an event that caters to all age groups, from classic musicals, to hysterical comedies, to kid-friendly spectacles it's impossible not to have a fabulous time!
About Discover Lehigh Valley
Discover Lehigh Valley®, the official destination marketing organization of Pennsylvania's Lehigh and Northampton counties, is dedicated to driving economic growth and strengthening local pride through tourism to the region. Just 60 minutes north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes west of New York City, Lehigh Valley is home to must-see attractions and festivals, world-class sporting events, thrilling outdoor recreation, renowned colleges and universities, and historic sites including Bethlehem, a National Historic Landmark District and nominee on the U.S. Tentative List for World Heritage Designation. Many of America's favorite brands such as Crayola®, Peeps®, Mike & Ike®, Martin Guitars, Mack Trucks and Olympus reign from Lehigh Valley. Visit DiscoverLehighValley.com and follow @LehighValleyPa.
Laura Mackin, Discover Lehigh Valley, 2153506366, [email protected]
SOURCE Discover Lehigh Valley