“Cancer Immunotherapy Month™ is the perfect opportunity for SITC to call attention to the myriad ways our members are positively affecting the understanding and use of immunotherapy for cancer patients,” said SITC President Mario Sznol, MD.
MILWAUKEE (PRWEB) June 01, 2020
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC), the world’s leading member-driven organization specifically dedicated to improving cancer patient outcomes by advancing the science and application of cancer immunotherapy, is pleased to celebrate Cancer Immunotherapy Month™ during the month of June.
Each day this month, SITC will feature 30 ways the society, led by the efforts of its members, is shaping the future of cancer immunotherapy. More than half of the featured resources are digital or virtual offerings from the society. Through emphasis on high-caliber scientific meetings; dedication to education and outreach activities; focus on initiatives of major importance in the field; and commitment to collaborations with like-minded domestic and international organizations, government and regulatory agencies, associations and patient advocacy groups, SITC brings together all aspects of the cancer immunology and immunotherapy community.
“Cancer Immunotherapy Month™ is the perfect opportunity for SITC to call attention to the myriad ways our members, totaling more than 3,000 and representing nearly 50 countries around the world, are positively affecting the understanding and use of immunotherapy for cancer patients,” said SITC President Mario Sznol, MD. “For more than 35 years, SITC has been a catalyst in bringing together leading scientific and clinical minds in ways that ignite new collaboration and innovation in cancer immunotherapy and tumor immunology, and we look forward to similar years ahead as we help realize the full potential of this promising area of research.”
As part of its commitment to providing open access to high quality educational and enduring materials for scientists, clinicians and patients alike, SITC will feature a variety of free digital courses and resources through Cancer Immunotherapy Month™, including:
- For patients: Understanding Cancer Immunotherapy Patients Resources Guides: Developed specifically for cancer patients and their caregivers, these free, digital resource guides outline the basics of how the immune system works to fight a variety of cancers, including melanoma, hematologic and head and neck cancers.
- For clinicians: Introduction to Immunology – Third Edition: This interactive course provides foundational knowledge that is necessary for understanding basic cancer immunotherapy content.
- For scientists and clinicians: Cancer Immunotherapy Winter School + SITC Clinical Immuno-Oncology Network Workshop: SITC’s comprehensive cancer immunotherapy education program, the Cancer Immunotherapy Winter School will bring early- to mid-career scientists and clinicians together on Feb. 22–26, 2021, in Austin, Texas. Taught by leading experts in the field, this four-and-a-half-day program provides a deep understanding of the core principles of tumor immunology and cancer immunotherapy
- For clinicians: Advances in Cancer Immunotherapy™️ Webinar: Clinical Updates from ESMO Immuno Oncology Congress 2019: Taking place June 9, 2020, from 1–2 p.m. EDT, this free webinar, presented by leading experts, will share the latest advances in cancer immunotherapy emerging from ESMO Immuno Oncology Congress 2019.
- For scientists: SITC Meet-the-Expert Webinars: These free, on-demand webinars connect young investigators with field experts who provide guidance on a variety of career-related topics.
For more information about these and many other free SITC resources visit the official SITC website, SITC Cancer Immunotherapy CONNECT, at sitcancer.org.
Established in 1984, the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) is a nonprofit organization of medical professionals dedicated to improving cancer patient outcomes by advancing the development, science and application of cancer immunotherapy and tumor immunology. SITC is comprised of influential basic and translational scientists, practitioners, health care professionals, government leaders and industry professionals around the globe. Through educational initiatives that foster scientific exchange and collaboration among leaders in the field, SITC aims to one day make the word “cure” a reality for cancer patients everywhere. Learn more about SITC, our educational offerings and other resources at sitcancer.org and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube.