We are so very humbled to see how our network of commerce and community continues to engage themselves and others in support of this lifesaving effort.
MARBLEHEAD, Mass. (PRWEB) May 21, 2020
In celebration of Nurses Month, SONSIEL and the GLO Good Foundation today announced a unique set of retail offers and recognized a dedicated group of backers—all collaborating to elevate personal protective equipment (PPE) donation levels to frontline healthcare. While millions of PPE units have arrived to hospitals through commercial, government, and charity efforts, hundreds of U.S. facilities remain in need of PPE supplies. The SONSIEL-GLO Good partnership tirelessly develops new channels of visibility and new resources of equipment in order to ensure as many as facilities as possible receive donated PPE, as quickly as possible, and on a non-profit basis.
Now patrons wishing to support the continued movement of PPE to hard-hit healthcare facilities may purchase choice coffee and wine packages, as well as designer shoes, with a portion of proceeds applied toward non-profit PPE purchases by the SONSIEL-GLO Good Foundation Charity GoFundMe campaign.
- For the duration of the COVID-19 crisis, Patrol Shack of Colorado will donate 100% of net profits from coffee sales directly to the charity campaign.
- While supplies last, Gladiator Wine of New York is offering a limited-quantity collection of 12 bottles of artisanal Italian wines that can be shipped to most states in the U.S. for $297.51.
- Crush® Wines of New York is offering a hand-selected case of 10 wines from all over the world that can be delivered to locations in the U.S. for $253 plus tax and shipping, contributing approximately 25% of proceeds to the campaign.
- In response to the national crisis, $200 from each designer pair of Rob McAllan shoes sold will go directly to the charity campaign.
The SONSIEL-GLO Good giving campaign also would like to recognize a number of dedicated businesses and other organizations that have supported the PPE collection and donation efforts.
- After making a generous donation to the charity campaign, Springer Publishing also has committed to donate 20% of advertising revenue from a special May issue of Minority Nurse.
- The Lobster Co. of Maine contributed approximately 10,000 respirator masks and other PPE that was distributed to hard-hit facilities and within the community.
- Encompass Group, LLC donated 1,200 isolation gowns to two hospitals in the Northeast and approximately 120 sets of scrubs to the Northern Navajo Medical Center.
- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) donated tens of thousands of face shields to hospitals in multiple states, including New York, Massachusetts, and Michigan.
- Project Shields has manufactured and sent over 6,000 face shields around the country.
- The Mark Obama Ndesandjo Foundation has directly sourced and is donating thousands of hospital masks to a variety of facilities requiring them.
- The list of others to be recognized is long, yet also includes ServPro, Crocs, AccessDenied Wallets, Katerra, Xandr, OptimizeRx, Henry Schein, and Supply Clinic.
Since SONSIEL first issued an urgent call-to-action with the SHARE program on March 17, 2020, nearly 250,000 pieces of donated protective gear have gone to dozens of U.S. frontline locations. A March 20, 2020 ABC News Nightline episode featured the activity, with SONSIEL President & Co-Founder Rebecca C. Love, MSN, RN, and GLO Good Foundation Co-Founder Dr. Jonathan B. Levine. With an onslaught of incoming PPE requests, SONSIEL and GLO Good established a direct-sourcing Charity GoFundMe campaign March 22, 2020; to date, the campaign has sourced and distributed more than 30,000 respirator masks to dozens of U.S. facilities. Every new donation facilitates the acquisition of more masks. The partners have identified a new US manufacturer for the highly demanded products.
Remarked Dr. Jonathan B. Levine, GLO Good Foundation President & Co-Founder, “We are so very humbled to see how our network of commerce and community continues to engage themselves and others in support of this lifesaving effort. We truly have rallied the nation to get behind these healthcare heroes. We won’t stop helping until we know for certain that all of the requests have been met.”
Rebecca C. Love, MSN, RN, SONSIEL President & Co-Founder, stated, “Every day, together, we innovate new ways to meet these urgent and outstanding needs for PPE. What began as a neighborhood collection expanded to include hundreds of individuals and businesses volunteering nationally on behalf of frontline healthcare. I cannot think of a more appropriate time than May, the Month of the Nurse, to thank everyone who has given so much to help those that give everything to care for us.”
To support the campaign, please visit https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/sonsielxglogood.
SONSIEL is a national and international platform of nurse scientists, innovators, and entrepreneurs, directly impacting health and the healthcare ecosystem through innovation and entrepreneurship; SONSIEL is a purpose-built society of nurses designed to create new opportunities and solutions across healthcare. Nurses are on the front lines, working with all healthcare team members to keep patients and the community safe. For more information about SONSIEL, please visit https://www.sonsiel.org/. Follow SONSIEL on Twitter at https://twitter.com/SONSIEL2 (@SONSIEL2); Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Sonsielnurse/ (@SONSIELnurse); YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpeapLA1QkY45l9NdOkxtQA/ (SONSIEL SONSIEL); and Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/sonsielnurse/ (@SONSIELNURSE).
ABOUT THE GLO GOOD FOUNDATION
The GLO Good Foundation brings oral health treatment, education, tools, and basic medical screening to adults and children. GLO Good sends fully equipped teams of dental professionals to communities in need, recently completing missions in Rwanda, the United States, and the Bahamas. For more information about the GLO Good Foundation, visit https://www.glogoodfoundation.org/. Follow the GLO Good Foundation on Twitter at https://twitter.com/GLO_Science (@GLO_Science); Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/glogoodfoundation (@GLOGoodFoundation); and Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/glogoodfoundation/(@GLOGoodFoundation).