Renowned podcasters and business leaders, including MrBallen, Dave Coulier, Marsha Cooke, Christy Carlson Romano and more, to join executives from ESPN, NPR and Paramount, to discuss the current and future landscape of digital audio
AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 6, 2024 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Today, leading digital audio authority, Sounds Profitable, announced that it will spearhead the first-ever official SXSW x Podcasting - Sound Summit for 2024. Taking place on March 9 at the Thompson Hotel in Austin, Texas, the event will delve into the influential realm of podcasting. Exploring the industry's expansive potential, it features four star-studded panels addressing topics ranging from the podcasting-Hollywood nexus to the origins and phenomenon of true crime podcasts. Prominent podcasters and leading organizations will contribute game-changing insights. Sounds Profitable and its partners, The Roost, Ad Results Media, ESPN/Good Karma Brands and Magellan AI, will present a never-before-released study on consumer perceptions of advertising across different media platforms.
"Podcasting, once an afterthought, is now a vital force with millions of podcasts, substantial listenership and projected revenue of over $2 billion. This year, we're pushing for its rightful place at SXSW," said Bryan Barletta, partner at Sounds Profitable. "Our mission with the launch of SXSW x Podcasting - Sound Summit and this year's core theme, 'Why Podcasting?' is to unite industry leaders for discussions, connections, and ideas. We aim to recognize podcasting as the future for tapping new audiences in content, marketing and advertising. It's time to take podcasting seriously and secure its overdue importance in mainstream platforms."
SXSW x Podcasting - Sound Summit Agenda:
- Session: audiochuck x MrBallen: The Business of True Crime | 10-11 a.m. CT: Enjoy a fireside chat with Kylie Low and Brittany Bigelow from audiochuck, and John "MrBallen" Allen and Nick Witters from Ballen Studios. Acquire industry insights on monetization, audience feedback, and content evolution. Hear opening remarks on "Why Podcasting?" from partner The Roost, a leading podcast network for creators that connects talent with the advertisers that understand them best.
- Session: The Ad Bargain: Podcasting's Position in the Ad Landscape | 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. CT: An extensive cross-media study on advertising perception, moderated by Sounds Profitable Partner, Tom Webster, delves into consumer attitudes across platforms, shaping industry strategies. Panelists include Julia Kelly from Wondery and Gabe Tartaglia from SXM Media. Partner Ad Results Media (ARM), audio agency with over 25 years of expertise empowering brands and agencies to enhance channel performance and drive sales through audio, will provide opening remarks on 'Why Podcasting?'.
- Lunch Networking Reception: Open to All SXSW Attendees | 12:30-2:30 p.m. CT
- Session: The New Influence Frontier: Familiar Voices in Podcasting | 2:30-3:30 p.m. CT: Plunge into the realm of celebrity podcasting as actors and reality stars offer insights in a dynamic panel moderated by NPR's Brittany Luse. Featured speakers for the event include Christy Carlson Romano, known for "Kim Possible" and co-founder of PodCo, creator-led podcast network. Nick Viall, associated with "The Bachelor" and Advertisecast, and Dave Coulier, renowned for his role in "Full House" and involvement with Full House Rewind, will also share their perspectives. The panel will start with ESPN/Good Karma Brands, a media and marketing company specializing in using national and local sports, and local news to build brands and connect with fans through audio, video, digital, and events, sharing insights on 'Why Podcasting?'
- Session: Hollywood Meets Headphones in the Ultimate IP Crossover | 4-5 p.m. CT: Delve into the synergy of cross-media intellectual property as esteemed industry leaders, moderated by Molly Barton, discuss adaptation, collaboration, and the future of entertainment. Panelists include Marsha Cooke from ESPN and Steve Raizes from Paramount. Partner Magellan AI, podcast ad intelligence company which builds tools that empowers agencies, advertisers and publishers to succeed, will kick off the event with a presentation on the topic 'Why Podcasting?'.
- Drinks and Snacks Networking Reception: Open to All SXSW Attendees | 5-6:30 pm CT
"Podcasting's audience keeps growing every year, and we are delighted to be able to showcase this engaging medium for the first time in a full-day, official event at SXSW," said Sounds Profitable partner, Tom Webster. "Podcasts work for listeners, and they work for advertisers – we are looking forward to showing the SXSW audience the new face of audio."
For more information about Sounds Profitable, visit soundsprofitable.com. To check out Sounds Profitable's SXSW 2024 brand page, click here. Tickets to SXSW 2024 are now available and can be purchased at sxsw.com/attend. Individuals must have an Interactive ticket or higher to attend SXSW x Podcasting - Sound Summit. Grab a seat early, the event is first come, first serve with limited capacity of up to 250 people. Video and audio content of the event will be made available online within a week following the close of SXSW x Podcasting at soundsprofitable.com. To view the complete SXSW 2024 agenda, visit schedule.sxsw.com.
This is SXSW Partner Programming operated under license from SXSW, LLC.
About Sounds Profitable
Sounds Profitable is the leading voice of significance for the digital audio industry representing the leading companies in audio and podcasting. Boasting industry leading research, an influential newsletter with over 8,500 subscribers around the world and a podcast on the latest developments in the key news of the audio world. Sounds Profitable addresses the most critical insights on the business of podcasting with its 150 partners and growing. With the goal of providing perceptive content from its experts – and a diverse collection of the brightest minds in podcasting – Sounds Profitable ensures that everyone in the industry is set on a clear path to more listeners and revenue from their amazing shows. For more information, please visit soundsprofitable.com and follow along on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/sounds-profitable.
SOURCE Sounds Profitable