DURHAM, N.C., Jan. 27, 2021 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Spoonflower, the leading eCommerce enabler connecting and empowering artists, makers and consumers in the creative economy, increased its global sales by 111%, which was primarily driven by 137% YoY growth in the number of new customers in Q4, strong customer retention rates and expansion of global revenue. This performance incorporates Spoonflower's successful Cyber Week (which includes Thanksgiving, 'Black Friday,' 'Cyber Saturday,' 'Cyber Sunday' and 'Cyber Monday'), where sales and marketplace retail presence (including Etsy, Amazon and Ebay) accrued 60% YoY sales increase combined. When compared with the retail industry sales during the same time period, Spoonflower outperformed by 24 percent (Source: Salesforce).
"The Spoonflower vision hasn't changed," said Spoonflower's Chief Executive Officer, Michael Jones. "We are committed to activating the creative passions of our customers and being the sole platform that empowers the ecosystem connecting artists, makers and consumers globally. As ambitious as that sounds, our steady, sturdy growth is compelling evidence of its validity, and we look forward to continuing to fuel this passion for self expression in the creative economy."
Q4 2020 Corporate Highlights:
Spoonflower sales increased 111% YoY, with its largest markets capturing triple digit growth:
- 104% YoY growth in the U.S.
- 256% YoY growth in Germany
- 102% YoY growth in France
- 204% YoY growth in the United Kingdom
- 146% YoY growth in Canada
- The customer trend preferring a DIY-friendly business model, unique expression and responsibly produced products, Spoonflower.com continued to attract new customer revenue growth in Q4, increasing 109% YoY
- Over 35% of new customers are driven from outside the U.S., cementing Spoonflower's strong global presence
- Global marketplaces such as Etsy, Amazon and eBay consistently increased Spoonflower sales in the fourth quarter, jumping to 205% YoY across fabric, wallpaper and home decor shops. As a result, Spoonflower also nearly tripled the amount of new customers funneling through its third-party marketplace channels at 199% YoY
The Spoonflower artist community continues to thrive with Spoonflower acting as a key driver in the creative economy:
- The number of artists who were paid a commission increased 61% YoY
- Commissions paid to the artist community increase 147% YoY
Additionally, the company attributes much of its growth to its loyal and expanding artist and maker populations, its 81% YoY organic traffic growth and the fact that its returning customer business consistently reaches an impressive 30% month-over-month.
This momentum is expected to continue, and Spoonflower leadership is positioning the company to further fuel its increasing demand with 2021 product launches, personnel hires, global strategic partnerships and technology advancements.
"Spoonflower's Q4 performance is a continuing testament to the strength of our community and commerce connection between our artists, makers and consumers ranging from hobbyists to DIY enthusiasts to small businesses," said Jessica Lesesky, Spoonflower's Chief Revenue Officer. "What is exciting to see is the new 2020 customers we've had the pleasure to serve are nearly in lock step with past customer behavior. It reinforces the fact that our growth represents a major shift in preference from traditional to community-based consumerism."
Spoonflower is the leading eCommerce enabler connecting and empowering artists, makers and consumers in the creative economy. The company's on-demand digital printing platform has revolutionized the textile industry in its development of an eco-friendly, sustainable and scalable manufacturing process. With Spoonflower, consumers can either design their own patterns on premium fabric, wallpaper and home goods or shop from the world's largest marketplace of over one million designs from independent artists. Today, millions of individuals use Spoonflower to express their personal style and power their entrepreneurial spirit.
For more information on Spoonflower visit http://www.spoonflower.com.
Director, Public Relations
Email: [email protected]
Dee Worley, Spoonflower, 256-640-0834, [email protected]