Tea holidays invite us to take a moment to breathe, relax, and take a respite from our busy and chaotic lives. Celebrate, rejoice and, enjoy a perfectly steeped cup, and allow Stash Tea's blends to boost your quali-tea of life.
TIGARD, Ore. (PRWEB) January 11, 2021
January is National Hot Tea Month and National Hot Tea Day falls on January 12, at STASH Tea every month is tea month, whether hot, cold or, sun-brewed. With over 150 different teas to choose from ranging from loose teas to tea bags, our tas-tea varieties of bold and rich blends offer a flavor sensation for every palate.
Tea holidays invite us to take a moment to breathe, relax, and take a respite from our busy and chaotic lives. Celebrate, rejoice and, enjoy a perfectly steeped cup, and allow our blends to transport you to exotic and nostalgic destinations while offering unique health benefits to boost your quali-tea of life. Stash invites us all to enjoy some tea-vities (activities) it has created to help make celebrating Hot Tea Month 2021 fun and stress free all month long.
National Hot Tea Month is a great time to create a new tea ritual for yourself with Stash as your tea partner. Tea rituals are a great way to turn a potentially simple activity like brewing tea into a moment of mindfulness and self-love. Check out some of our delec-tea-ble recipes and creations, sure to ward off the cold of winter; they are not only delicious and soothing BUT Insta-worthy such as a Vegan Double Spice Chai Tea Latte, a Chocolate Peppermint Tea Latte and, our Spiked London Fog Tea Cocktail to name a few. Tag us on social with your 2021 STASH tea-selfies. #stashtea
INTERESTING TEA FACTS:
- Tea is the second most popular beverage in the world next to water.
- Tea was discovered by accident nearly 5,000 years ago.
- The USA is the 3rd largest importer of tea in the world after Russia and Pakistan.
- Tea contains naturally occurring plant compounds that may be good for your health.
- Recent studies have associated two compounds in tea, L-theanine, and caffeine, with cognitive health benefits.
o The amino acid L-theanine, in particular, has been shown to directly affect areas of the brain that control attention & the ability to solve complex problems.
o Other studies have shown that drinking tea may improve mental clarity, mood, and work performance.
Studies Show Health Benefits from Tea: (source Tea Association of the USA)
- Studies show tea can counteract tiredness and can benefit work performance.
- Research also suggests drinking tea supports cardiovascular health.
- A new study found that black tea can reduce blood pressure in hypertensive individuals.
- Studies suggest tea flavonoids may help increase metabolism.
- Research has shown daily green tea consumption can reduce the risk of certain types of cancers.
- Tea is packed with antioxidants that help keep our bodies “young” and protect them from toxins.
- Tea has less caffeine than coffee. The types that do contain caffeine usually contain about 50% less than coffee.
- Research shows a correlation between tea and heart health. A recent study says people who drink tea have a 20% less chance of having a stroke or heart attack than those who don’t.
- Tea is an immune system booster. Studies show that tea helps immune cells reach their targets more quickly.
14 Tea-rrific Activities to Celebrate Hot Tea Month: LEARN, PLAY & CREATE
1. Learn about Tea - Check out Stash’s History of Tea
2. Learn about the different varieties of Tea with Stash’s Tea 101
3. Learn How to Steep the Perfect Cup of Tea
4. Painting with tea
5. Reading tea leaves
6. DIY Tea-tasting Flight: mix and match teaology/teaologist: Mix & Match your Stash
7. High Tea via Zoom - Enjoy a Stash High Tea with Friends via your favorite meeting platform
8. Show us your Stash - Insta-worthy photos of you and your favorite Stash flavors
9. Tea Bingo
10. Stash Scavenger Hunt
11. Tea Dare Game
12. Tea based on your Enneagram type
13. Create some tea-infused 1-minute mug cakes
14. Create tea-rrific beverages and sweets with Stash’s QuaranTEAn Cocktail recipes and recipes including:
- Spiked London Fog Tea Cocktail
- Vegan Double Spice Chai Tea Latte
- DIY Chocolate Peppermint Tea Latte
Snickerdoodle Mug Cake using Cinnamon Vanilla Tea
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute
Yield: One mug cake
- 3 tbsp self-rising flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tea bags Stash Cinnamon Vanilla herbal tea
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 to 1 mix of cinnamon and sugar
1. Brew two tea bags in 4 oz hot water for 4 minutes. Then discard tea bags.
2. Mix together all dry ingredients in a separate 6 oz microwavable mug.
3. Add 2 tbsp Stash Cinnamon Vanilla herbal tea and oil. Mix thoroughly.
4. Place mug in microwave and set for 1 minute on high.
5. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture on top.
6. Let cake cool for one minute. Enjoy!
*Make your own self-rising flour:
Combine 1 cup flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Whisk together, mixing well
Cozy Cinnamon Tea Steamer
The coziest drink award goes to this easy-to-make tea steamer. With the spicy-sweet flavors of cinnamon and vanilla, it's chilly weather comfort in a cup.
- 2 tea bags Stash Cinnamon Vanilla Herbal Tea (caffeine-free) or Stash Sweet Cinnamon Black Tea (caffeinated)
- 6 oz hot water, heated to 195-205 °F (just under boiling)
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla syrup
- 4 oz frothy, steamed milk (if using a milk alternative, we recommend oat milk)
- Ground cinnamon
Put 2 tea bags of Cinnamon Vanilla or, using an infuser, 2 tablespoons of Sweet Cinnamon loose tea in hot water and steep for 5 minutes.
Add vanilla syrup and stir. Pour in the steamed milk and stir again. Finish with a topping of foam. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and enjoy! Makes one 12 oz drink
Chai Spice Truffles
This versatile tea truffle recipe can be made with just about any tea you like. Chai truffles are perfect for entertaining and, makes a rich after-dinner treat.
Recipes makes about 15 truffles
- 4 ounce (113 grams) dark chocolate bar
- 1 tablespoon nonsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (2 ounce) heavy whipping cream
- 2 Stash Chai Spice tea bags
1. Chop up the chocolate, place into a heat-proof bowl and set aside. Combine the cream, butter and tea bags in a small saucepan over medium heat. After bringing the mixture to just boiling, take the saucepan off the heat and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
2. Remove tea bags, then pour the cream over the chocolate and mix together. The chocolate should be completely smooth; if not, heat it up in a microwave for 20 seconds. Cover the bowl and leave it in the refrigerator for several hours, until the chocolate is firm.
3. Once firm, use a spoon, melon baller or your hands to form the chocolate into small balls. The chocolate will begin to melt upon contact, so make sure you have your coating ready. You can coat the truffles with nuts, shaved chocolate, cocoa powder, sprinkles or anything else that comes to mind. Just roll the truffles in the powder.
4. Keep the truffles in the refrigerator on parchment paper or a plate until they’re firm, then serve.
Spiked London Fog Tea Cocktail – SO MANY VARIATIONS TO SUIT ANY PALATE
Stash was built on challenging convention and vibrantly reinterpreting how people experience tea. If you’re willing to shake things up a bit (literally), try this classic Earl Grey tea latte as a cocktail.
Q: Where did the famous London Fog drink originate?
A: Surprisingly, it is widely believed to have been coined in Vancouver, BC.
- Manchester Fog: steamed soy milk with a sugar-free vanilla syrup in Earl Grey tea.
- Seattle Fog: soy misto (½ water, ½ soy, steamed) with 2 pumps of vanilla syrup and one pump of hazelnut syrup, in with double-strength Earl Grey Tea.
- Oregon Mist: The same as London Fog, but substituting green tea and amaretto for Earl Grey and vanilla. Popularized by the Glenwood restaurants in Eugene, Oregon.
- Dublin Fog: The same as London Fog, only replace Earl Grey with Irish Breakfast Tea.
- Maui Fog: The same as London Fog, only substituting coconut for vanilla syrup.
- Halifax Fog: The same as a London Fog, substituting Nova Scotian maple syrup for vanilla syrup.
Makes one 8 oz drink
- 2 tbsp loose leaf Decaf or regular Double Bergamot Earl Grey
- 3 oz hot water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz whipping cream
- 1.5 oz oat milk
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup ice
Steep Stash Decaf or regular Double Bergamot Earl Grey loose leaf tea in 1/4 cup near-boiling water for 5 minutes.
Remove the tea, add stevia and vanilla, and let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
In a shaker, combine the vodka, whipping cream, oat milk, egg white and 1/2 cup ice.
Strain ice and pour mixture into a fancy glass.
Make sure you get the froth for the top.
Chai tea lattes are one of the most famous tea recipes in the U.S. Opting to make your own instead of buying it at a drive-thru cafe is a great way to satisfy your spice tooth since you can adjust the ingredients until you have a drink that is perfect for you. Not to mention, you can keep some extra change in your pocket. It’s easy to make: simply brew up your Stash Double Spice Chai tea extra strong, add sugar to your preference (we like ours on the sweeter side), add frothed milk, and top with cinnamon. If you want to make this a cuppa that is totally Insta-worthy, we’ve provided exact directions on how to trick out your presentation below.
- 2 tea bags Stash Double Spice Chai(or substitute for any of our other chai tea flavors)
- 2 oz boiling water
- 1.5 tbsp organic sugar
- ¼ cup frothed oat milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Honey for rim
- 40/60 cinnamon and sugar mix
First, pour some honey into a small puddle on a small plate.
Take the glass you’ll be using and dip the rim of the glass into the honey.
Dip the honey rim into your cinnamon and sugar mix and set aside.
In a separate glass, place your Stash Double Spice Chai tea bags and add boiling water.
Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
Remove the tea bags and discard them.
Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
Pour tea mixture into your cinnamon and sugar-rimmed glass.
Add your frothed oat milk and stir.
Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and take your photo for the ‘gram.
If you’re new to the world of the tempting treats that are tea lattes, welcome home. This tea latte in particular is a great option for lower-calorie hot cocoa or even drinking chocolate. In addition, this tea latte gives you an extra kick of energizing caffeine from the oolong tea.
Yield: 1 8-oz serving
- 2 Stash Chocolate Mint Oolong tea bags
- 3 oz boiling water
- 2 oz chocolate milk - heated
- 2 oz creamer of choice - heated
- Whipped topping
- Crushed peppermint candies
- Grated chocolate
Pour boiling water into a mug with Stash Chocolate Mint Oolong tea bags.
Allow to steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and discard.
Next, pour in chocolate milk (we used dark chocolate almond milk). Froth your creamer of choice (we used a dairy-free option) and pour on top of the mixture in your mug. Give it a quick stir.
The deliciousness is in the details with this recipe, so top it all off with a healthy heap of whipped cream, then sprinkle crushed peppermint candies and grated chocolate on top.
Please visit https://www.stashtea.com for all things tea during Hot Tea Month and all throughout the year as well as for more tea-related information or to purchase Stash Tea directly from their website.
ABOUT STASH TEA:
Whoever said that tea is quiet, predictable, and tame, has not tried Stash Tea...yet. The company was created in Portland, Oregon in 1972 with the mission of seeking the taste of a “tea euphoria.” At Stash, we love combining flavors in ways no one has before. Even “normal” flavors have some kind of weird or wonderful twist. But we don’t stop there. We love to innovate, explore and experience tea to its fullest. In the past, tea was a tool for rebellion and sparked wars. Now it’s become a source of quiet and comfort. But not to us. To us, tea is an opportunity both to excite the senses and to surprise your taste buds.
Stash Tea’s mission has been to brew the boredom out of the world, with best-in-class ingredients and diverse flavors that delight the senses, surprise your taste buds, and brew up brighter and true-to-name. We are bringing back tea as a cultural catalyst. Because our diversity and boldness should not only be in our cup, but in our minds, our community, and our society. We want to empower and nurture a better tomorrow, where everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed. To become the rebels and rulers of their own lives. Are we crazy? A little bit. But that’s how all the best things start. STASH. A little bag of crazy
In 2017, Stash Tea became a Certified B Corp, reaffirming our values and commitment to conduct business as a force for good. In fact, every element that steeps in your cup of Stash Tea, including the teabag and string, is Non-GMO Project Verified and compostable. Please visit https://www.stashtea.com to purchase and/or for more information.
Buzzphoria Public Relations
Email: alenhoff (at) buzzphoria.com