“Winter can be a challenge even for veteran drivers. Use our tips and stay safe during New Year’s Eve,” said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 27, 2020
Statistics show that drivers are 22% more likely to be involved in a car collision around Christmas and New Year’s Eve. The reasons are simple to understand: more cars on the roads and numerous flashy billboards. People lose focus, are impatient and susceptible to causing accidents. Drivers who want to avoid being involved in an accident should follow these tips:
- Leave sufficient space between you and the vehicle in front. Usually, drivers should follow the “3-4 seconds” rule, meaning that they should keep 3-4 seconds distance from the car ahead. However, during the winter it is recommended to leave more room, especially when driving on roads that have not been fully defrosted. Keep this in mind when approaching a parking lot near a supermarket or mall.
- Adjust the speed and driving style to the weather and road conditions. Speed limits are based on perfect road conditions. In winter driving conditions, going 65 mph on the highway is really risky. Reduce speed to a safer limit. Also, do not be stressed by a driver behind you who is tailgating or flashing their lights. Think of your safety first. If necessary, pull to the side of the road to let the driver pass.
- Pay attention to traffic hazards around parking lots. Parking lots are more dangerous than one may think. Pay extra care to the surrounding traffic when parking near a mall or supermarket. This time of the year malls and supermarkets are under assault by frantic shoppers. And not all of them are good drivers. Some of them may even be distracted by all sorts of billboards and TV screens.
- Deactivate cruise control. Deactivate cruise control when driving on a road covered with ice or snow. If the vehicle loses traction on a patch of ice, cruise control will accelerate to try to maintain speed. In many cases, the driver will lose control and the car will collide with another vehicle or a structure.
- Inspect the car before driving. Make sure that the battery is not near-depletion, the tires have a consistent thread and the liquids are at acceptable levels. Also, check if all lights are working properly.
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
For more information, please visit http://compare-autoinsurance.org