Employers need to be prepared for the changes ahead by devising a holistic strategy around what this will impact, including their background screening programme.
Swansea, UK (PRWEB UK) 25 May 2017
Sterling Talent Solutions, the world’s largest background screening provider, is hosting a webinar on Tuesday, 30 May, 2017 to educate companies on the the EU GDPR and explore what this means for organisations before it applies on 25 May 2018. This is the first webinar in a series of webinars offering guidance on GDPR topics.
Beatriz Torets-Ruiz, Privacy Analyst & Legal Researcher and Oran Kiazim, Vice President, Global Privacy, both with Sterling Talent Solutions, will share key steps HR and legal personnel can take now to help ensure full compliance from day one. By joining this free webinar, attendees will learn:
- What is the GDPR and what constitutes personal data
- Who is impacted by GDPR
- How the GDPR may be affected by Brexit
- How the GDPR may change employers' background screening programmes
- What employers can do now to assess their compliance to avoid penalties
“The GDPR requires organisations to be more accountable with how they handle personal information,” said Kiazim. “Employers need to be prepared for the changes ahead by devising a holistic strategy around what this will impact, including their background screening programme.”
The webinar will last 30 minutes and begin at 02:00 PM British Summer Time on Tuesday, May 30, 2017. There is no cost to attend, but attendees must sign-up in advance here: https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/1422356/6917B170034572C461FAD5A12EAA98C2?partnerref=PR
Our objective is to bring employers the most tailored and relevant information as it pertains to their respective organisations. Learn more about our speakers here:
- Oran Kiazim – Oran Kiazim is Sterling Talent Solutions' Vice President, Global Privacy. Oran is a certified privacy professional, holding both CIPM and CIPP/E certifications, and is a data protection and privacy specialist with experience in dealing with privacy matters across different industries and jurisdictions. Oran previously worked at the Court of Justice of the European Union as the primary UK law specialist, advising the EU Justices on various aspects of UK law. Oran holds law degrees from Cambridge University and l’Université Paris II (Panthéon-Assas), and an LL.M. from the College of Europe (Bruges, Belgium).
- Beatriz Torets-Ruiz – Beatriz is a lawyer with the Madrid Bar. She previously worked at Thompson & Knight LLP in Algeria and Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP in Brussels, where her practice was focused mainly on Competition, International Company, Energy and Privacy law. In the field of privacy law, Beatriz has advised clients across different jurisdictions on global privacy and compliance matters and was involved, among others, on the Google v Spain case. She is a member of the IAPP where she holds a CIPP/E certification and also holds an LL.M degree in European Union Law from the College of Europe (Bruges, Belgium).
Sign-up today to get access to this webinar and receive a copy of the on-demand version of the webinar once it’s complete.
About Sterling Talent Solutions:
Sterling Talent Solutions, the world’s largest background screening provider, provides hiring peace of mind by delivering a simpler, smarter background screening experience for employers worldwide. Our comprehensive suite of background screening solutions deliver accurate, reliable results and tools to maintain compliance throughout the hiring cycle.
With 20 offices in nine countries and growing, our team of more than 4,000 employees proudly serves over 50,000 customers around the world, including 25% of the FTSE 100.
Visit us at http://www.sterlingtalentsolutions.co.uk