CHARLOTTE, N.C., Feb. 26, 2020 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Diagnostic Imaging Northwest (DINW) has aligned with Strategic Radiology's coalition of independent private radiology practices, bringing the current number of members to 27 and bolstering the organization's presence in the Northwest. The group includes 12 subspecialty-trained radiologists.
"We are pleased to be welcoming Diagnostic Imaging Northwest into the Strategic Radiology coalition of independent practices," said Arl Van Moore Jr, MD, FACR, CEO and chair, Strategic Radiology. "The practice brings a combination of excellent, quality-minded radiologists, a demonstrated willingness to collaborate, and a commitment to Strategic Radiology's core values."
DINW was founded nearly 100 years ago and during the past century has built a strong relationship with Legacy Health's Good Samaritan Hospital, a leading subspecialty hospital In Portland with an oncology center operated in partnership with Oregon Health & Science University. It also provides subspecialty coverage for Skyline Hospital, in White Salmon, Washington.
The practice's radiologists serve as department medical directors at both hospital sites and provide diagnostic mammography and breast biopsy for a new breast center operated by Women's Health Associates, a 100-physician group of primarily OB-GYN physicians.
"Our philosophy of practice is to be an active and valued participant in our communities and the institutions where we provide care," said Phillip D. Baker, MD, PhD, president, DINW. "We think that membership in Strategic Radiology and the SR–Patient Safety Organization will help us continue to put the patient and referring physician first."
DINW is a partner in Legacy Health Partners, an accountable care organization with more than 2,500 physician members. The practice has been an integral member of the Portland health care provider community since the 1920s, introducing Oregon's first CT scanner and first dedicated breast imaging center, both at Legacy Good Samaritan.
About Strategic Radiology
Strategic Radiology is a coalition of independent, private radiology practices, representing more than 1,100 radiologists. The coalition's goal is to achieve higher quality patient care and more cost-efficient delivery of medical imaging through an integrated approach of shared data and best practices, interchanging clinical expertise, and consolidating certain practice expenses. It operates the nation's only radiology-focused Patient Safety Organization listed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. http://www.StrategicRadiology.org.
- Asheville Radiology Associates; Asheville, NC
- Casper Medical Imaging and Outpatient Radiology; Casper, WY
- Central Illinois Radiological Associates; Peoria, IL
- Diagnostic Imaging Northwest; Portland, OR
- Gaston Radiology; Gastonia, NC
- The Hill Medical Corporation; Pasadena, CA
- Huron Valley Radiology; Ann Arbor, MI
- Inland Imaging; Spokane, WA
- Mecklenburg Radiology Associates; Charlotte, NC
- Medical Center Radiology Group; Orlando, FL
- Minneapolis Radiology Associates; Minneapolis, MN
- Modesto Radiological Medical Group (MRMG); Modesto, CA
- Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
- Naugatuck Valley Radiological Associates; Waterbury, CT
- Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
- Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
- Radiologic Medical Services; Iowa City, IA
- Radiology Associates; Jeffersonville, IN
- Radiology Associates of Macon; Macon, GA
- Radiology Associates of North Texas; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
- Radiology Associates of Tallahassee; Tallahassee, FL
- Rome Radiology Group; Rome, GA
- Southeast Radiology, Ltd.; Glen Mills, PA
- Tower Imaging Medical Group; Santa Monica, CA
- United Imaging Consultants; Mission, KS
- University Radiology; East Brunswick, NJ
- X-Ray Consultants; South Bend, IN
SOURCE Strategic Radiology