"Asheville Radiology Associates works closely with our hospital partners to drive many quality initiatives, and we look forward to participating in SR’s PSO. Our vision is to remain in the forefront of radiology and vascular surgery through innovation and systems-based practice."
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (PRWEB) February 14, 2019
Strategic Radiology announces its newest independent member practice, the 43 physicians of Asheville Radiology Associates (ARA), in Asheville, North Carolina.
“We are excited to welcome the physicians and support team of Asheville Radiology to the many collaborative opportunities available through Strategic Radiology,” said Arl Van Moore Jr, MD, Strategic Radiology CEO and Chair. “When like-minded, high-quality medical practices work together, our patients, our referring physicians, our hospitals, and the local communities benefit.”
ARA brings a keen interest in the unique opportunities and quality improvement activities offered by Strategic Radiology and its Patient Safety Organization (PSO), the sole radiology-specific PSO listed by the Agency of Healthcare Research and Quality.
“Asheville Radiology Associates works closely with our hospital partners to drive many quality initiatives, and we look forward to participating in SR’s PSO,” said Bryon A. Dickerson, MD, President, ARA. “Our vision is to remain in the forefront of radiology and vascular surgery through innovation and systems-based practice.”
Eric Weber, ARA CEO, previously led a different SR member practice. “My several years of positive experiences with SR led me to recommend membership to ARA,” Weber said. “The value of collaboration and participation between collegial independent groups creates a unique and highly beneficial radiology forum benefiting the communities we serve.”
ARA is highly subspecialized and includes 38 radiologists and 5 vascular surgeons who provide full-service diagnoses and treatments to 7 hospitals, dozens of outpatient facilities, hundreds of referring physicians, and thousands of patients throughout Western North Carolina. Subspecialties include body, breast, cardiothoracic, musculoskeletal, neurological, interventional, nuclear medicine and pediatric radiology, as well as vascular surgery and neurointerventional services 24 hours a day, each day of the year.
Founded in 1944 and located in North Carolina’s western Blue Ridge Mountains, the practice has deep roots in Asheville, the county seat of Buncombe County, and is a leading medical practice in the region.
About Strategic Radiology
Strategic Radiology is a coalition of 26 independent, private radiology practices, representing more than 1,100 radiologists. The coalition’s goal is to achieve higher quality patient care and more cost-efficient delivery of medical imaging through an integrated approach of shared data and best practices, interchanging clinical expertise, and consolidating certain practice expenses. It operates the nation’s only radiology-focused Patient Safety Organization listed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. http://www.StrategicRadiology.org.
SR Core Members:
- Central Illinois Radiological Associates; Peoria, IL
- The Hill Medical Corporation; Pasadena, CA
- Huron Valley Radiology; Ann Arbor, MI
- Inland Imaging; Spokane, Washington State
- Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
- Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
- Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
- Radiology Associates of North Texas; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
- Radiology Ltd.; Tucson, AZ
- University Radiology; East Brunswick, NJ
SR Affiliate Members:
- Asheville Radiology Associates; Asheville, NC
- Casper Medical Imaging and Outpatient Radiology; Casper, WY
- Medical Center Radiology Group; Orlando, FL
- Minneapolis Radiology Associates; Minneapolis, MN
- Modesto Radiological Medical Group (MRMG); Modesto, CA
- Naugatuck Valley Radiological Associates; Waterbury, CT
- Radiologic Medical Services; Iowa City, IA
- Radiology Associates; Jeffersonville, IN
- Radiology Associates, PA; Little Rock, AR
- Radiology Associates of Macon; Macon, GA
- Radiology Associates of Appleton; Appleton, WI
- Rome Radiology Group; Rome, GA
- Southeast Radiology, Ltd.; Glen Mills, PA
- Tower Imaging Medical Group; Santa Monica, CA
- United Imaging Consultants, Mission, KS
- X-Ray Consultants; South Bend, IN