In contracting with GroupSource, we are aligning with a resource specifically developed to deliver savings and support to independent physician practitioners. We think all of our members can benefit, particularly the groups with ownership interests in outpatient diagnostic imaging centers.
CHARLOTTE, S.C. (PRWEB) November 12, 2019
Strategic Radiology has added the GroupSource group purchasing organization as a Preferred Vendor, extending savings opportunities for members on everything from medical imaging technology to office supplies.
“In contracting with GroupSource, we are aligning with a resource specifically developed to deliver savings and support to independent physician practitioners,” said Randal Roat, chief operating officer, Strategic Radiology. “We think all of our members can benefit, particularly the groups with ownership interests in outpatient diagnostic imaging centers.”
GroupSource is a national physician-focused GPO that partners with Premier to deliver superior, sustainable procurement value to members by leveraging its more than $60 billion purchasing power across 165,000 sites. The GPO encompasses more than 2,000 contracts with national suppliers well-known and respected by the outpatient imaging center community. Participants can save significantly on their direct spend in product categories that include radiopharmaceuticals, medical imaging technology, and credit card services.
“In partnering with Premier, the GroupSource program uniquely overcomes the challenges physicians face by reducing the total delivered cost of supplies and services to allow independent physicians to remain independent,” said Matt Bowles, vice president of sales, GroupSource. “We look forward to extending our buying power through the participation of the independent radiology groups that belong to Strategic Radiology.”
Strategic Radiology’s vendor partnerships cover a wide range of medical imaging software, technology, and services, ranging from medical professional liability insurance to medical imaging technology, and including clinical decision support and post-processing software.
About Strategic Radiology
Strategic Radiology is a coalition of 27 independent, private radiology practices, representing more than 1,100 radiologists. The coalition’s goal is to achieve higher quality patient care and more cost-efficient delivery of medical imaging through an integrated approach of shared data and best practices, interchanging clinical expertise, and consolidating certain practice expenses. It operates the nation’s only radiology-focused Patient Safety Organization listed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. http://www.StrategicRadiology.org.
GroupSource is a national physician-focused GPO delivering superior, sustainable procurement value to members since 1996. Leveraging the purchasing power of more than $60 billion across 165,000 sites, its members gain access to more than 2,000 contracts with national suppliers that imaging centers know and trust. GroupSource delivers a niche program focused on the non-acute care sector and employs, at the clinic level, collective leverage principles typically enjoyed only by hospital-sized entities.
SR Core Members:
- Central Illinois Radiological Associates; Peoria, IL
- The Hill Medical Corporation; Pasadena, CA
- Huron Valley Radiology; Ann Arbor, MI
- Inland Imaging; Spokane, WA
- Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
- Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
- Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
- Radiology Associates of North Texas; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
- Radiology Ltd.; Tucson, AZ
- University Radiology; East Brunswick, NJ
SR Affiliate Members:
- Asheville Radiology Associates; Asheville, NC
- Casper Medical Imaging and Outpatient Radiology; Casper, WY
- Mecklenburg Radiology Associates; Charlotte, NC
- Medical Center Radiology Group; Orlando, FL
- Minneapolis Radiology Associates; Minneapolis, MN
- Modesto Radiological Medical Group (MRMG); Modesto, CA
- Naugatuck Valley Radiological Associates; Waterbury, CT
- Radiologic Medical Services; Iowa City, IA
- Radiology Associates; Jeffersonville, IN
- Radiology Associates of Macon; Macon, GA
- Radiology Associates of Appleton; Appleton, WI
- Radiology Associates of Tallahassee; Tallahassee, FL
- Rome Radiology Group; Rome, GA
- Southeast Radiology, Ltd.; Glen Mills, PA
- Tower Imaging Medical Group; Santa Monica, CA
- United Imaging Consultants; Mission, KS
- X-Ray Consultants; South Bend, IN