“Our focus is on delivering the highest quality imaging services and exceptional patient-centered care. We believe that physician-owned practices are in the best interest of patients and referring physicians.”
NEW YORK (PRWEB) November 16, 2018
Strategic Radiology welcomes its newest affiliate member, Naugatuck Valley Radiological Associates, PC (NVRA), establishing a Connecticut presence for the nationwide coalition of independent practices.
NVRA is based in Waterbury, CT, and provides inpatient radiology services for two hospitals serving New Haven County. The 13-radiologist subspecialized practice is a member of the Connecticut Imaging Alliance, a statewide partnership of five regional practices focused on practice expense efficiency and improved patient care.
NVRA also maintains a strong outpatient imaging presence, serving patients in four different locations, including two joint ventures with hospital partners. The practice’s outpatient sites provide a full range of outpatient imaging services, from arthrography to x-ray, as well as a high level of patient-centered care, including price transparency. All four NVRA outpatient imaging sites have earned the Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence designation awarded by the American College of Radiology.
“Naugatuck Valley Radiological Associates is a forward-thinking practice with a sophisticated business and IT infrastructure and strong commitment to quality,” said Arl Van Moore Jr, MD, FACR, FSIR. “The radiologists of NVRA share Strategic Radiology’s commitment to independent radiology and keeping patients first.”
In joining the SR coalition, NVRA looks forward to participating in SR’s networking, data benchmarking, and quality improvement opportunities. “Our focus is on delivering the highest quality imaging services and exceptional patient-centered care,” said Geoffrey Manton, MD, president, NVRA. “We believe that physician-owned practices are in the best interest of patients and referring physicians.”
NVRA is a significant employer in the Waterbury area, with 90 non-physician employees at four outpatient imaging centers and a business services organization that provides HR, IT, marketing, billing, and administrative services.
About Strategic Radiology
Strategic Radiology is a coalition of 26 independent, private radiology practices, representing more than 1,100 radiologists. The coalition’s goal is to achieve higher quality patient care and more cost-efficient delivery of medical imaging through an integrated approach of shared data and best practices, interchanging clinical expertise, and consolidating certain practice expenses. It operates the nation’s only radiology-focused Patient Safety Organization listed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. http://www.StrategicRadiology.org.
SR Core Members:
- Austin Radiological Association; Austin, TX
- Central Illinois Radiological Associates; Peoria, IL
- Diversified Radiology; Denver, CO
- The Hill Medical Corporation, Pasadena, CA
- Huron Valley Radiology; Ann Arbor, MI
- Inland Imaging; Spokane, Washington State
- Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
- Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
- Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
- Radiology Associates of North Texas; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
- Radiology Ltd.; Tucson, AZ
- University Radiology; East Brunswick, NJ
SR Affiliate Members:
- Casper Medical Imaging and Outpatient Radiology; Casper, WY
- Medical Center Radiology Group; Orlando, FL
- Minneapolis Radiology Associates; Minneapolis, MN
- Modesto Radiological Medical Group (MRMG); Modesto, CA
- Naugatuck Valley Radiological Associates; Waterbury, CT
- Radiologic Medical Services; Iowa City, IA
- Radiology Associates; Jeffersonville, IN
- Radiology Associates, PA; Little Rock, AR
- Radiology Associates of Macon; Macon, GA
- Rome Radiology Group; Rome, GA
- Southeast Radiology, Ltd.; Glen Mills, PA
- Tower Imaging; Santa Monica, CA
- United Imaging Consultants, Mission, KS
- X-Ray Consultants; South Bend, IN