DALLAS and FORTH WORTH, Texas, Jan. 7, 2021 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- The Strategic Radiology (SR) coalition of independent practices has recruited one of its own, neuroradiologist Scott Bundy, MD, FACR, as CEO, replacing Arl Van Moore Jr, MD, FACR, who retired this month as CEO and Chair. Dr. Bundy, also elected Chair of the SR Board, will continue clinical practice on a part-time basis with member practice Radiology Associates of North Texas (RANT), Dallas–Fort Worth.
"I am both honored and humbled to assume the position of CEO of Strategic Radiology and Chair of the Board following the distinguished leadership of Dr. Moore," said Dr. Bundy. "Under Dr. Moore's leadership, Strategic Radiology was built into a coalition well prepared for a successful future operating as a team of independent teams focused on strengthening and improving the independent practice model through engagement and collaboration of best practices. We have our roadmap, and I am excited to begin executing on that."
Dr. Bundy has served on the SR Board of Managers since 2015 and on the Executive Committee (EC) since 2017, most recently as Vice Chair. Dr. Bundy has been a practicing Radiologist in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex for the past 20 years. He helped orchestrate the merger of a handful of private practice radiology groups to form RANT in 2011, where he has been a member of the Board of Directors since its founding. He also has served as Chair of RANT's Business Development Committee, Medical Director at a number of imaging facilities throughout North Texas, and actively participated in numerous other RANT and health system committees as both a member and in leadership roles. Dr. Bundy graduated from Southern Methodist University with a Bachelor of Science in Bio-medical Engineering, received his Doctor of Medicine Cum Laude from Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Neb., and completed his radiology residency and a neuroradiology fellowship at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
"Strategic Radiology has a talented, committed, and seasoned leader in Dr. Scott Bundy, and I couldn't be more confident that SR is in good hands," said Dr. Moore, Chair Emeritus, who will serve as Patient Safety Organization Interim Medical Director. "The membership made an excellent choice. He understands the culture, he knows the players, and I know he will come out of the gate ready for action."
The Board also elected Christopher Hedley, MD (The Hill Medical Corp., Pasadena, CA), as Vice Chair; Eric Ferguson, MD (Huron Valley Radiology, Ann Arbor, MI), to a second term as EC Member-at-Large; Robert Pham, MD (Quantum, Atlanta, GA), and Christopher Day, MD (Radiology Associates, Jeffersonville, IN), as first term EC Members-at-Large. Other EC members include Ronald Ruff, MD (Mountain Medical, Utah), Secretary, and Kent Hansen (Northwest Radiology, Indianapolis, IN), Treasurer.
About Strategic Radiology
Strategic Radiology is a coalition of independent, private radiology practices, representing more than 1,300 radiologists. The coalition's goal is to achieve higher quality patient care and more cost-efficient delivery of medical imaging through an integrated approach of shared data and best practices, interchanging clinical expertise, and consolidating certain practice expenses. It operates the nation's first radiology-focused Patient Safety Organization listed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. http://www.StrategicRadiology.org.
- Asheville Radiology Associates; Asheville, NC
- Casper Medical Imaging and Outpatient Radiology; Casper, WY
- Central Illinois Radiological Associates; Peoria, IL
- Chesapeake Medical Imaging; Annapolis, MD
- Diagnostic Imaging Northwest; Portland, OR
- Gaston Radiology; Gastonia, NC
- The Hill Medical Corporation; Pasadena, CA
- Huron Valley Radiology; Ann Arbor, MI
- Inland Imaging; Spokane, WA
- Mecklenburg Radiology Associates; Charlotte, NC
- Medical Center Radiology Group; Orlando, FL
- Modesto Radiological Medical Group (MRMG); Modesto, CA
- Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
- Naugatuck Valley Radiological Associates; Waterbury, CT
- Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
- Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
- Radiologic Medical Services; Iowa City, IA
- Radiology Associates; Jeffersonville, IN
- Radiology Associates of Macon; Macon, GA
- Radiology Associates of North Texas; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
- Radiology Associates of Richmond; Richmond, VA
- Radiology Associates of Tallahassee; Tallahassee, FL
- Rome Radiology Group; Rome, GA
- Southeast Radiology, Ltd.; Glen Mills, PA
- Tower Imaging Medical Group; Santa Monica, CA
- Triad Radiology Associates; Winston-Salem, NC
- United Imaging Consultants; Mission, KS
- University Radiology; East Brunswick, NJ
- X-Ray Consultants; South Bend, IN
Cheryl Proval, Strategic Radiology, 3107509320, [email protected]
SOURCE Strategic Radiology