"Although Kentucky may be slow to adapt to these changes, many states around us and across the country have moved ahead. We are offering these classes online so that they are accessible to everyone." - Glenn Sullivan, Sullivan University System Chancellor and Chief Executive Officer
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (PRWEB) May 11, 2021
Sullivan University has received approval from the United States Department of Education to offer an online cannabis business certificate program that students can complete in just nine months.
Classes begin June 28th, at the start of the summer quarter, and will provide a Cannabusiness Studies program graduate with a working knowledge of the business side of the industry, augmented with an understanding of the legal, medical and supply chain issues related to cannabis, as well as what is needed to be a productive entry-level employee or entrepreneur in this industry. Agricultural classes are not part of the program.
"We have decided to offer this education in recognition of the changes happening across the country," said Sullivan University System Chancellor and Chief Executive Officer Glenn Sullivan. "Although Kentucky may be slow to adapt to these changes, many states around us and across the country have moved ahead. We are offering these classes online so that they are accessible to everyone."
Sullivan is launching the program less than a year after offering an Introduction to Cannabis Studies online course.
"Our Advisory Board members recommended that we offer courses on the history and sociology of cannabis, the legal and medical issues, and the retail side of the business," Chancellor/CEO Sullivan said.
The short-term, 24-quarter credit hour Cannabusiness Studies program is designed to prepare students for positions within the cannabusiness industry. As the industry expands and the demand for employees grows, employees should understand basic business operations to include retailing, manufacturing, sales, supervision, and supply chain management, as well as social, legal, psychological and economics issues surrounding the industry.
Courses in the program are:
- Cannabusiness. Provides a practical review of many fields of basic business operations which include retailing, wholesaling, manufacturing and customer service as it relates to cannabusiness.
- Introduction to Cannabis Studies. The course is designed to provide students with an introduction to the social, legal, psychological, and economic impact of cannabis use, and to familiarize students with the cannabis and hemp industry, to include hemp, CBD, and other derivatives of cannabis plants.
- Principles of Sales Management in Cannabusiness. This course is an analysis of the sales functions in modern business including techniques necessary for the successful selling of both tangibles and intangibles. Emphasis is also given to communication skills necessary for the successful salesperson and the sales presentation as it relates to cannabusiness.
- Basic Supervision. This course teaches the interrelationship of office functions, service, facilities, office communications, problem-solving and successful human relations in office administration, with emphasis on first-line supervisory duties.
- Foundations of Logistics and Supply Chain Management. This course familiarizes the student with issues related to supply chain management, purchasing, logistics and transportation. The course also examines the fundamental history of supply chain management and how it affects domestic and international commerce as well as well normal department functions and interfaces within the company. Students also examine problems and opportunities associated with various logistics channels and the decisions required to solve these problems.
- Drugs, Behavior and Legal Issues. This course will provide an overview of the relationship between substance abuse, behavior, and criminal offending. The student will be exposed to the historical and contemporary criminal justice system responses to illegal substances, how drug use influences behavior and potential legal issues related to cannabis.
Current or potential students can learn more about the course by visiting sullivan.edu/programs/cannabusiness-studies-certificate or calling 502-456-6505.
About Sullivan University:
Sullivan University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Sullivan University or visit them online at http://www.sacscoc.org.
The University offers numerous certificates, diplomas, and degrees in career-oriented programs, ranging from business, pharmacy, human resources, I.T. and cyber security, supply-chain management, culinary and baking and pastry arts, hospitality studies, conflict management, nursing, allied health sciences, HVAC-R, Sullivan University has campuses in Louisville and Lexington, an extension in Fort Knox on the U.S. Army Post, and a Learning Center in Louisa. Sullivan University also has many programs available partially or wholly online. For more information, visit http://www.sullivan.edu.