“Our farm is all about making memories and spending time with family and friends.” - Teresa Summers, Event Coordinator, Summers Farm
FREDERICK, Md. (PRWEB) September 15, 2020
With increased safety precautions, Summers Farm will hold their annual Harvest Festival from September 19 to November 8. The family-friendly festival will include a range of events and activities for all ages, including the always-anticipated corn maze, pumpkin patch, tether ball, giant slides, jumping pillows, apple blasters, rugged farmer obstacle course, pig races, barnyard animals, and so much more.
“Our farm is all about making memories and spending time with family and friends,” said Teresa Summers, Event Coordinator, Summers Farm. “It’s a chance to get away and spend time outdoors in wide open spaces on our 100-acre farm.”
Summers Farm is known for their extravagant corn mazes constructed for guests each year. This year, the corn maze is dedicated to the farmers, essential workers and healthcare professionals who continue to work hard and assist others during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition to the maze, Summers Farm will host their Heroes and Teachers Appreciation Days on Wednesday, September 16 and Thursday, September 17 from 1 pm to 7 pm, and Friday, September 18 from 1 pm to 9:30 pm. All active service members, first responders, teachers and essential workers with a valid ID will be admitted free, with immediate family admitted at half price. On these days, admittance is only open to heroes, teachers, and essential workers and their families, and the discount is limited to the three-day event.
The farm has put in place additional safety precautions to protect guests. In order to ensure the safety of visitors:
- Summers Farm has moved to a timed ticketing system. A limited number of tickets will be sold each half hour to alleviate crowds.
- Farm staff will be screened and will have their temperature taken daily.
- Farm staff are required to wear face masks
- Dedicated staff assigned to cleaning and sanitizing high-touch surfaces.
- Masks will be required in the animal barn.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be found throughout the farm.
- Guests are asked to comply with all social distancing and mask guidelines.
Festival hours and pricing are as followed:
- Monday – Thursday from 1 pm – 7 pm: $10.50 per person
- Friday – 1 pm – 4 pm; $10.50 per person
- Friday – 4 pm – 9:30 pm; $15.50 per person
- Saturday – 10 am – 9:30 pm; $15.50 per person
- Sunday – 10 am – 7 pm; $15.50 per person
- Seniors 60 & older: $10.50; 2 & under admitted free
- Season pass: $47.50 (valid for unlimited visits during the 2020 season)
For more information, please visit Summers Farm online at http://www.summersfarm.com.
Over the past 24 years, Summers Farm, located in Frederick, MD, has become a long-standing fall tradition for families, organizations, schools and corporations around the area. The widely popular Fall Festival attracts thousands looking for wholesome fun for the entire family. For more information, visit http://www.SummersFarm.com.