ALEXANDRIA, Va. (PRWEB) March 28, 2019
SunStar Strategic is pleased to announce its line-up of industry experts and fund executives for its 2019 Conference, “Thriving in an Ever-Changing Industry.” The conference is ideal for small to medium-sized mutual fund firms who want new, actionable ideas to help them grow assets.
The conference will be held Monday and Tuesday, April 29 and 30, 2019 at the Dupont Circle Hotel in Washington D.C.
The event features two keynote speakers: Christopher Davis, head of U.S. Research at Strategic Insight and Warren Miller, founder of Flowspring. Both presentations will be based on research data developed by their respective firms.
Davis will present “Distribution Essentials for Boutique Funds.” Although Strategic Insight provides data and intelligence to asset managers of all sizes, Davis will review the universe of data to determine how boutique firms can compete with the largest of funds.
His comments will address opportunities boutique firms have to distinguish themselves from the pack, avoid the race-to-the-bottom for fees, and maximize sales through multiple distribution channels.
Miller will address "Beating the Big Guys – How to Attract Assets as an Active Boutique Manager.” He will show how small managers can address the numerous scale advantages larger fund companies have by fighting back with targeted product and marketing strategies.
“We are so excited about this year’s conference,” said Kathryn Morrison, CEO and president of SunStar Strategic. “We are bringing together an amazing group of industry experts. There are boutique managers speaking that are among the fastest growing in the small fund space who will share their strategies. There are also digital experts from LinkedIn and Hubspot who will tell us how to take advantage of digital opportunities…and so much more.”
Thriving in today’s competitive environment is tougher than ever. To address the industry’s issues, the conference will offer panels of:
- Fund managers with assets ranging from $120 million to $250 billion talking about specific techniques they are using to sell their funds, covering an array of products, sales efforts and marketing structures.
- Industry experts offering insights on how to get on platforms and maximize opportunities.
- M&A experts discussing what’s happening in the industry and how fund value can be estimated – whether buyers or sellers.
- Financial journalists sharing what they're looking for and what topics they find to be of interest.
- Data and digital providers demonstrating how to maximize their services for advisor outreach through smart data.
For more information, including speakers, agenda and registration, visit https://www.sunstarstrategic.com/conference or call 703.299.8390.
About SunStar Strategic
SunStar Strategic offers public relations (PR) and marketing programs to help attract, maintain and grow clients. Core services include comprehensive PR, creative strategy and execution. SunStar is headquartered in Washington D.C. with additional offices in Chicago, New York City and Austin.