Despite political discord, Americans share a love for summer barbeque with friends and family - even if many feel better having sanitizers and masks on hand to protect against the pandemic.
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (PRWEB) June 29, 2020
The latest survey by Nuwber.com, the people data analytics company, reveals that Democrats’ and Republicans’ sentiment toward celebrating Independence Day differs this year, as do their plans to protect against COVID-19.
The data show that Republicans tend to be more patriotic about the big day; however they plan to take fewer precautions than Democrats. Still, there are many things that members of both political parties will do in the same way, and maybe together: the most planned activity for both groups to celebrate July 4, 2020 is to enjoy barbeque.
The survey polled 1,208 Democrat, Republican and politically independent visitors to Nuwber.com June 15-19, 2020. The top takeaways include the following:
How people plan to spend the Fourth of July:
- Democrats (13%) are 4 times more likely to attend a virtual gathering than Republicans (3%)
- Republicans are slightly more likely to watch fireworks and have a family get-together than Democrats
- Republicans (8%) are 4 times more likely to hit a lake or a beach than Democrats (2%)
- 5% of Republicans and 0% of Democrats indicated that they plan to attend a parade
- Only 10% of Republicans and as many as 23% of Democrats do not plan to celebrate at all
- Republicans are almost twice as likely to use patriotic elements like flags, streamers and balloons during the celebration than Democrats (63% vs. 35%)
How respondents plan to protect against the coronavirus:
- Republicans (19%) are 6 times more likely to ignore coronavirus precautions than Democrats (3%)
- Democrats are twice more likely to self-isolate than Republicans (62% vs. 31%)
- Republicans choose hand sanitizers over face masks while Democrats have more trust in masks
- 95% of all respondents plan to take coronavirus precautions
The data highlights that despite political discord, Americans share a love for summer barbeque with friends and family - even if many feel better having sanitizers and masks on hand to protect against the pandemic.
For the full results with an infographic depicting the findings of the Nuwber survey, visit https://bit.ly/independence_day_2020_post.
About Nuwber, Inc
Nuwber is a data-as-a-service company providing consumers with a quick way to find and verify people in their lives. We collect data from multiple public records and consumer databases and provide both historical and most up-to-date public information available. For more information, visit http://www.nuwber.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow Nuwber on Twitter (@NuwberInc), Facebook (NuwberCom) and the company’s blog at https://nuwber.com/blog/.
Market Street Group for Nuwber